Spurs challenge 2012 stadium decision

BoyBlue_1985 said:
THFC6061 said:
I stand corrected.

Another potential 10 days in the 80-year life of the stadium will obviously make a massive difference.

Yes it another 10 potential days on top of the other days it would be used by West Ham rather than Spurs knock it down 2 years into its life span

What a wonderful venue to watch a game of football...

5321.jpg

(I think that bit of green in the middle is the pitch)

5322.jpg

Brighton will think it is a home match.

There are no spurs fans near white hart lane anymore, but a ground share with Arsenal would be the best solution all round.

Corky said:
Brighton will think it is a home match.

There are no spurs fans near white hart lane anymore, but a ground share with Arsenal would be the best solution all round.

It was seriously proposed back in the early 1980s.

The scheme involved constructing a purpose-built stadium somewhere within the M25 and would have been largely funded by Arsenal selling Highbury and Spurs selling White Hart Lane.

Needless to say, opposition by both sets of fans meant that the project never went further than the drawing board.

You lot really are freeloading and yet you don't seem to attract any criticism.

How do you do it?

I was in the company of a few footie people last night, one a Spurs supporting lad based in the NE.

He travels down to most games at WHL, quite a big investment in time, money and effort and he hates the journey. He hates the limited options for parking and alternatives to the car for him.

But he still says that for Spurs to move would be the end of the clubs traditions and if Spurs have anything to be proud of its their traditions (his language not mine BTW.)

He feels there is a growing discontent amongst the Spurs brethren with Levy as he apparently tries to get money from the local authorities through malice.
It paints Spurs in at best an amateurish light and at worse an underhand one.

This really could be the issue that sets the fans against the board.

LEVY OUT!

fbloke said:
I was in the company of a few footie people last night, one a Spurs supporting lad based in the NE.

He travels down to most games at WHL, quite a big investment in time, money and effort and he hates the journey. He hates the limited options for parking and alternatives to the car for him.

But he still says that for Spurs to move would be the end of the clubs traditions and if Spurs have anything to be proud of its their traditions (his language not mine BTW.)

He feels there is a growing discontent amongst the Spurs brethren with Levy as he apparently tries to get money from the local authorities through malice.
It paints Spurs in at best an amateurish light and at worse an underhand one.

This really could be the issue that sets the fans against the board.

LEVY OUT!

I agree with much of the sentiment in that post.

I would absolutely hate it if Spurs moved away from N17.

But the fact remains that we are desperate for a larger stadium with an extra 15,000 to 20,000 seats.

The ideal situation would be if we were allowed to go ahead with the original redevelopment plan without the interference of various bodies such as Haringey Council, Transport for London and English Heritage, who have all contributed in mushrooming the original cost estimates to the point where it has become financially unviable.

Daniel Levy is acting in the best interest of the long term future of Tottenham Hotspur by exploring all the alternatives available to the club.

To do otherwise would be a serious neglection of his duties and responsibilites.

the fact also remains that levy was sprouting about buying a new stadium and then wanted the new ground after west ham were put forward for it he saw a chance but it backfired now wheres his money for the new stadium he was on about

pissedagain said:
the fact also remains that levy was sprouting about buying a new stadium and then wanted the new ground after west ham were put forward for it he saw a chance but it backfired now wheres his money for the new stadium he was on about

They had plans in place, costed at about £220m if memory serves that the ultimate owner, a tax exile billionaire was willing to part fund.

The bill for a WHL2.0 rocketed to north of £400m and is still rising and at the same time the billionaire took a kicking in the markets and has made it clear the stadium has to be funded from Spurs' revenues.

So they simply cannot afford the stadium and a decent squad.

No point in building the stadium if no CL will be played there.

As I have said before the fact that City have none of these worries because of our owner is a very wonderful thing.

As I have said before the fact that City have none of these worries because of our owner is a very wonderful thing.

Very true.

Plus the fact that you rent your stadium from the local council.

THFC6061 said:

Very true.

Plus the fact that you rent your stadium from the local council.

I reckon the deal West Ham are getting is far better than the one that City got from the 2002 games.

We gave up Maine Road to the council, paid from our own revenues for the re-fit to a footie stadium AND pay a percentage to the council for attendances over a set number.

We also allow community use of the facilities for a number of days per year.

All of that said though we no longer pay rent, we pay an annual flat rate fee to the council of £3m.

Of course by the sounds of it Spurs are trying to weadle out some free cash (or special planning permissions ignoring the likes of English Heritage FFS to accomodate selfish commercial requirements)

But you see City have ALWAYS been at the heart of their community, Manchester unlike Spurs who seem to despise where they are and will only stay if it is financially acceptable to their tax dodging owner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.