Spurs crowds

Stoke sent back over 1000 tickets on Friday this week unsold.... now under PL rules, whatever allocation the away team requests, they have to pay for, hence sometimes clubs are over cautious take smaller allocations as you can always ask for more at the bigger grounds especially....

The did not have sufficient time (a day) to sell those tickets....

bainy said:
robinhood CITY said:
Wanting a new 60000 stadium .Cant sell out a 36000 capacity stadium 32000 there today.
Spurs have got fantastic support,
Always sell out at home and when teams like city take the smaller away allocation, the remainder it is quickly sold out. There away following is superb. IMO there support is very similar to how ours was in the latter days of maine rd, sold out every week and a waiting list for tickets. The diference is they sell out for any game, where as when city were at maine we regularly didnt sell out.
IMO spurs have a fantastic following numbers wise.

I'm pretty sure it was sold out for league games every week?

and the big difference is, they are 5th and in the CL, when we were at maine road we were nowhere near that in the later days.

terrible post if im being honest.

squirtyflower said:
i never said our average was over 33000, i said we had had higher, which is true

Actually I'm 99% certain it isn't true we never had more than 33000 in Div 2

bluesmith said:
squirtyflower said:
i never said our average was over 33000, i said we had had higher, which is true

It isn't.... the capacity only rose to 35k the following season...

Our average in division 3 (league 1) was around 28,500... we had a couple of 32,000 gates... 5 over 30,000 which was great for that division... but we never topped 33,000. If I remember correctly

levets said:
bluesmith said:

It isn't.... the capacity only rose to 35k the following season...

Our average in division 3 (league 1) was around 28,500... we had a couple of 32,000 gates... 5 over 30,000 which was great for that division... but we never topped 33,000. If I remember correctly
Thats how i remember it to.

City Raider said:
tbh - i couldnt give a flying fuck

they might be able to fill an 60k stadium but they won't be watching cl next season.....

(hopefully!)

Are you that sure or is that more in hope.... you will have to win an away game sooner or later.... lose tomorrow, and we then have 2 home PL games before you play again.... we could be 3pts ahead of you by the time you play at Blackburn (who are scrapping for their lives).....

marcspurs said:
City Raider said:

they might be able to fill an 60k stadium but they won't be watching cl next season.....

(hopefully!)

Are you that sure or is that more in hope.... you will have to win an away game sooner or later.... lose tomorrow, and we then have 2 home PL games before you play again.... we could be 3pts ahead of you by the time you play at Blackburn (who are scrapping for their lives).....

your fixtures are harder than are's! i think it will be close though, typical city springs to mind.

that game at our place is going to be something!

marcspurs said:
City Raider said:

(hopefully!)

exactly, I find the "Spurs obv wont finish 4th, cause we will def will mantra" surprising! I get that you're confident and fair enough but it's not a sure thing by any stretch

marcspurs said:
City Raider said:

(hopefully!)

Read the smallprint.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.