Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs players doing interviews all week, Eriksen was live on talksport this morning
Pochettino downtalking the size of our club and the media wankfest over how much better off they are than us (3 points..)

All in all, this is spurs. They're a club of losers, who came 3rd in a 2 horse race last year

They have this much envied english spine, which whilst potentially potent, was also the spine of the gutless, pathetic england squad that was abysmally despatched by little Iceland in the summer
They're the same spurs that choked upon arrival at old trafford last month, and they still have the goalkeeper who, however in form, has conceded 6's, 5's and 4's to Aguero and Co. in the past

Tomorrow the crowd should be right up for it, because despite all the media and shitstorm surrounding Pep, we are still the biggest threat to anyone when our backs are against the wall, and we are playing the one side in the country with the very worst habit in the world of football, the experience of losing.

Spurs are a snake of a football club.

Thier supporters are twats. I've had blue mates cornered in pubs down there going back to the late 70s. Out for a jar or two not looking to cause any hassle to any man. Fucking shit houses the lot of them. Suddenly become men in large groups.

And to compound it in today's world they are the media darlings.

I hope we turn cnuts over tomorrow

Spurs are a snake of a football club.

Thier supporters are twats. I've had blue mates cornered in pubs down there going back to the late 70s. Out for a jar or two not looking to cause any hassle to any man. Fucking shit houses the lot of them. Suddenly become men in large groups.

And to compound it in today's world they are the media darlings.

I hope we turn cnuts over tomorrow

Here here. Never liked these loud mouthed wankers going as far back to the late 70s as a kid myself. The fuckers were unbearable last season after their win at ours. Let's hope we do smash the cnuts tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reading this thread for the last hour has not helped my insomnia! I really have no idea how we should approach this game or for that matter how pep might choose to approach it. 3 at the back or 4? Pin their fullbacks back or defend strongly? Start Jesus? Drop Aguero? Risk kompany not breaking down during a crucial part of the game - again? Drop stones? Stick our willy in nets? Risk a high line against their press? Watch the game with the BT pundits on mute? (Ok I have made a decision on that one!)

Just get it right city so I can enjoy my weekend (and sleep happy!). Last weekend was sh*t!

Mark my words, we will win and win this game handsomely, just like against Barcelona.

We've our backs against the wall at the moment, but tomorrow is the day we retaliate and retaliate with style and swagger, which will make the other top 6 sides reach for the bog roll.

Strangely I have a similar feeling. Just like they stopped our run of 6 games, we are going to stop their run of 7 games at our ground. No team has done a double over Guardiola in any season.

Always had a hatred of Spurs from what seemed like a 10 mile walk back to the special trains after the 1981 Wembley replay.

Come on City let's have these cockney wannabe's.

Big test.
Spurs was the first team this season that beat us and they did it with a tactical masterclass we had no chance in that game, and were lucky to lose only 2-0. Could have been much worse if their finishing would have been like Everton's last week.

Pochettino is a very good manager, he will have a plan for Pep again its up to us to destroy that plan by playing well and certainly differently from how we attack and defend vs bigger teams.

Please dont let Silva taking corners, he might find a City player with the ball once in 100 times but does it worth waste 100 corners for that? As it is opponents prefer to give us a corner than a throw in...

We need a midfield trio otherwise its all fucked up. The strength and pace of Wanyama+Dembele in middle compared to an old Yaya-Zaba duo is a joke. Not mentioning Eriksen would have it easy without much to worry about. Also Alli can be playing centrally turning up all around.

Wanyama was man of the match that game so middle of the pitch is very important again.

Their fullbacks another dangerous part of their team, they are quick and can cross the ball. Tracking back is a must from our wide players. For this reason I can see Pep starting with Navas.

But first of all we have to stop opponents having it easy when they attack us. When we attack its usually up against a wall as they try to make it hard for us to attack. Even Chelsea and Arsenal too defended a lot with 10 men behind the ball being disciplined maybe Spurs will do it at times today too so we need to fucking stop making it easy for opponents to score and attack.
Its hard without a goalkeeper that refuses to save shots on target but Pep wanted him now he can bring in Caballero. But thats just the end, opponents still coming trough our midfield like its the easiest thing and our defenders put themselves in positions that also just makes it easy for attackers. They arent even challenged much when taking shots. Like Wijnaldum making that free header nobody jumping up with him etc.

How rarely we have something like this that we score easy goals? Against us its happening every game and its down to the system Pep is trying to make. Same players in more defensive system with more protection imo would look like the players like their price tags would assume...
But in this system Otamendi isnt a 30m defenders, Stones isnt a 50m defender, and same goes on other end of the itch Sterling isnt a 45m players or Kun doesnt looks a world class star.

Current system is wrong for our players it doesnt hide their weaknesses it actually just gets them punished for them even more while they dont have those type of strengths that could make this system really work.

Rival managers are happy for us dominate possession on our half between Yaya, Kolarov, Stones, Ota passing between each other because if they make a mistake opponents can score from one shot due to Bravo, and they have enough time to reorganize and mark players upfront and park that bus carefully while we do the passing sideaways fucking far from their goal.

Instead of that we should rush, scare them, attack them, rush every counter chance not turning back but sprinting.

Says a lot we cannot do this sideways passing on their half as they close us down, press us and we dont like it boo-hoo. So we lose ball and then our high line defence usually totally out of sync doesnt know what to do.

Tired of these mistakes coming from playing a bad system. It might work with very clever and technical players with high work-rate pressing skills all over the pitch (like Silva, Kun, KDB pressing for 90 minutes lol) and quick, technical players (Kolarov, Zab lol).

Title is gone imo, Chelsea is consistent while we still have CL, Fa Cup. But top4 is in danger big time and games like today will have a big say in it.

Spurs players doing interviews all week, Eriksen was live on talksport this morning
Pochettino downtalking the size of our club and the media wankfest over how much better off they are than us (3 points..)

All in all, this is spurs. They're a club of losers, who came 3rd in a 2 horse race last year

They have this much envied english spine, which whilst potentially potent, was also the spine of the gutless, pathetic england squad that was abysmally despatched by little Iceland in the summer
They're the same spurs that choked upon arrival at old trafford last month, and they still have the goalkeeper who, however in form, has conceded 6's, 5's and 4's to Aguero and Co. in the past

Tomorrow the crowd should be right up for it, because despite all the media and shitstorm surrounding Pep, we are still the biggest threat to anyone when our backs are against the wall, and we are playing the one side in the country with the very worst habit in the world of football, the experience of losing.

I agree, I was on a downer earlier this week but have woken up very confident.

Spurs are not a mix of Bayern Munich and Real Madrid, like some would have you believe. They are only 3 points above us, and had to break a club record to be where they are

They finished 3rd last season and bottled it big time in Chelsea game at the end of the season, they were lucky not to have 3 sent off. They also lost to Chelsea this season and United. They also got beaten home and away off Monaco and were eliminated from their CL group

They have some good players, but as you said, lots of them got beaten of fucking Iceland!

We can beat them, I think we will. But let's not have fans moaning and groaning from minute one. Let's get pissed, have a sing song and cheer on the team

C'mon City!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.