Spurs to play next season at Wembley

I think it will affect their season hugely. Not a good move when they are just making giant strides towards winning the league.

No option, really. Spurs desperately need their new stadium. And they need to move out of the old stadium before they can complete the new stadium.

No option, really. Spurs desperately need their new stadium. And they need to move out of the old stadium before they can complete the new stadium.
I understand that, but i think Wembley is a bad fit. Levy is just looking at 80k receipts per home game whereas a ground-share might be better at recreating a home atmosphere.

I understand that, but i think Wembley is a bad fit. Levy is just looking at 80k receipts per home game whereas a ground-share might be better at recreating a home atmosphere.

There was a lot of talk down here about them moving to mk dons (capacity 34,000). guess that was just a stalking horse to stop the fa from being too greedy

There are no suitable alternatives in London, though.

Emirates is out of the question, obviously. Stamford Bridge likewise - not to mention that the local council would never have allowed it. Upton Park is a demolition site. The obvious alternative would have been the Olympic stadium but Lady Brady started making a fuss when a temporary ground share was mooted. Not to mention that whatever failings Wembley has are amplified at the Olympic stadium. Every other London stadium is far too small. There was some talk of MK Dons stadium but it would just have been wrong for Spurs' home to be 50 miles out of London.

Besides, there is at least one big advantage to being at Wembley for a season that I can think of. Clubs have traditionally suffered when moving to a bigger new stadium - yourselves included, I think. But instead of moving from a cherished, compact and atmospheric old home directly into a shiny but soulless new home in a new location, Spurs will actually be returning from a vast, soulless temporary home back to their roots and what should seem, by comparison at least, a compact and atmospheric new home.

So this season is their one and only chance to do something historic

Next season they'll struggle to finish in the top 6 and as a result their Crown Jewels i.e. Kane, Ali etc will all be sold

So this season is their one and only chance to do something historic

Next season they'll struggle to finish in the top 6 and as a result their Crown Jewels i.e. Kane, Ali etc will all be sold
On the 93:20 podcast they interviewed Martin Blackburn and he was suggesting the stadium costs were spiralling towards a billion and so they would be prepared to let some players go. I doubt Kane and Alli would be the players though.

Not ideal for spurs but no other choice than to go to Wembley,good job we didn't develop maine rd as we might of played at the swamp, what a terrible thought.

There are no suitable alternatives in London, though.

Emirates is out of the question, obviously. Stamford Bridge likewise - not to mention that the local council would never have allowed it. Upton Park is a demolition site. The obvious alternative would have been the Olympic stadium but Lady Brady started making a fuss when a temporary ground share was mooted. Not to mention that whatever failings Wembley has are amplified at the Olympic stadium. Every other London stadium is far too small. There was some talk of MK Dons stadium but it would just have been wrong for Spurs' home to be 50 miles out of London.

Besides, there is at least one big advantage to being at Wembley for a season that I can think of. Clubs have traditionally suffered when moving to a bigger new stadium - yourselves included, I think. But instead of moving from a cherished, compact and atmospheric old home directly into a shiny but soulless new home in a new location, Spurs will actually be returning from a vast, soulless temporary home back to their roots and what should seem, by comparison at least, a compact and atmospheric new home.

There are no suitable alternatives in London, though

Twickenham? it realy is a belting stadium,such a shame it stands empty for months on end

There are no suitable alternatives in London, though

Twickenham? it realy is a belting stadium,such a shame it stands empty for months on end

Twickenham is an excellent stadium but it is too difficult to get to. It would be easier for a lot of match going Spurs fans to get to MK and possibly Coventry. Wembley appears to be the most viable option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.