Spurs vs City post match

De Bruyne was a big miss - in the 2H when we controlled things, you have to think he could have found a killer pass and unlocked the defence. Plus we had several wasted set-pieces where he would have been invaluable.

6 wins, 1 loss is very good, but my worry is with the exception of the Scum, we have beaten teams at the bottom of the table. While logic and my eyes dictate otherwise, the actual results are not that dissimilar to last year as of yet. In fact, had Lamela put away the pen, we would have lost by 3 goals at WHL again - and this year was arguably worse as there were no dubious goals.

I keep reading we've only played bottom of table teams...
However, 10 points better than last season against these same teams.
Improvement.

I expected Clichy and Sagna to start. I'm not sure they are that much better though. A weak point in the squad.

Apart from a few periods of improved performances thats been our weak part of the squad for years. About time we had a technically gifted ,quick and well conditioned left back. The difference in quality between our and Tottenhams defence is pretty clear and not improving it will probably cost us this season.

I keep reading we've only played bottom of table teams...
However, 10 points better than last season against these same teams.
Improvement.

Time will tell, but 3 of those 4 teams are much worse than last year. That's the flaw with the "last season" comparison argument. As I mentioned earlier, Everton will be a good test as they are much better than last year when we turned them over fairly easily.

Time will tell, but 3 of those 4 teams are much worse than last year. That's the flaw with the "last season" comparison argument. As I mentioned earlier, Everton will be a good test as they are much better than last year when we turned them over fairly easily.

We drew 0-0.

But I seem to recall that we failed to turn them over in the league at home last year and scraped through in the LC when Kev got injured. Everton and Southampton are now must win games and mainly because we badly need a confidence boost. If we can replicate the home form of the Mancini League win we should come out on top. I think 83/84 points will win it this season.

In reply to another thread I re watched the entire game yesterday.

There were several things wrong from our point of view e.g. missing players, team selection, poor individual performances & the fourth long distance away match in 2 weeks.

However despite the media this was nowhere near a stroll for the " best team in the league - Spurs " They got a pathetic OG from one of our worst players that definitely altered the dynamic. They were also gifted another sloppy goal. But for all that we competed well enough for the entire 90 minutes.

The standout factors from the superteam was their dirty, rough & old fashioned tactics. Rose was appalling & should have gone. They committed 20 fouls to our 10 & got away with many more, but it was the nasty niggling slow down nature of these tactics stopping City in mid flow as the Italians used to do. Then the not retreating 10 metres after a foul - again slowing it down. Then the keeping hold of the ball at our throw in etc. etc.

This reminded me of Cardiff City a couple of years ago slowing everything down to get even some sort of result.

Not sour grapes, just another view & perhaps we were not quite as bad as the media make out.

In reply to another thread I re watched the entire game yesterday.

There were several things wrong from our point of view e.g. missing players, team selection, poor individual performances & the fourth long distance away match in 2 weeks.

However despite the media this was nowhere near a stroll for the " best team in the league - Spurs " They got a pathetic OG from one of our worst players that definitely altered the dynamic. They were also gifted another sloppy goal. But for all that we competed well enough for the entire 90 minutes.

The standout factors from the superteam was their dirty, rough & old fashioned tactics. Rose was appalling & should have gone. They committed 20 fouls to our 10 & got away with many more, but it was the nasty niggling slow down nature of these tactics stopping City in mid flow as the Italians used to do. Then the not retreating 10 metres after a foul - again slowing it down. Then the keeping hold of the ball at our throw in etc. etc.

This reminded me of Cardiff City a couple of years ago slowing everything down to get even some sort of result.

Not sour grapes, just another view & perhaps we were not quite as bad as the media make out.

Interesting to watch these things again after the event. Did you watch it all?

As for their spoiling tactics, that is something we got to do better. I have noticed Pep introducing that to a degree but we obviously got to learn from the proffessionaals.

I agree with your reviiew of the game though, but for Kolarov putting the wn goal in and setting up us up on the wrong foot we played well enough to get a draw. Stats say the same too I believe. All in all, we werent that bad, same as Celtic game.

Anyone else still pissed off at how cheaply we surrendered that game? I was honestly shocked at how easy Spurs had it
I was - but wait for the return fixture - we won't have a passenger playing the pivot role. We're going to punish Spur's high press at the Etihad.

We drew 0-0.

Yes sorry, I meant the early season game at Goodison where we won 2-0. The home game was the famous 93rd minute assault on Sterling with Roger East's "courageous decision". We didn't win, but battered them and they were very poor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.