Squad Depth/Injuries mounting up

KDB plays too many games for me.
Me too, and I've said it a few times, but we don't know the facts, and I'm sure the medical staff and he are happy with it all, and they will know all the physical stats between them. We don't have a game for 7 days and this is the perfect time for us to have that break.

I don't want to lose to Wigan, after 2013, but if we have to rest players, then so be it.

Surely with the academy yesterday was an opportunity to at least give one of the lads the first team match day experience at least. I just wonder if Pep was making a point and is really disappointed that the board failed at least twice in negotiation. Not for one second sugesting Pep is unhappy, but the point now might push things along in the summer.
I don't know how EDS games are scheduled, but I suspect we have some say in when they take place, so I'm guessing that he was more making the point, not to arrange them the night before a PL game, hopefully someone will take the hint.

Surely with the academy yesterday was an opportunity to at least give one of the lads the first team match day experience at least. I just wonder if Pep was making a point and is really disappointed that the board failed at least twice in negotiation. Not for one second sugesting Pep is unhappy, but the point now might push things along in the summer.
He and the board talk every day,they are mates,dave and john were late fitness tests and pep probably expected them to be fit at least for the bench,it was just one of those things

I don't know how EDS games are scheduled, but I suspect we have some say in when they take place, so I'm guessing that he was more making the point, not to arrange them the night before a PL game, hopefully someone will take the hint.
I did not realise this was the case - hopefully you are right

He and the board talk every day,they are mates,dave and john were late fitness tests and pep probably expected them to be fit at least for the bench,it was just one of those things
I agree Karen - sure you are right but you never know even mates have little quarrels - was just wondering out loud : )

Well you would think Stones and Silva would definitely be back for the next game.

Perhaps Delph and Foden? Pep never talks about these two being fit yet they should be back about now?

Always irks me when the media talk about our huge squad-but truth is injuries were always a threat to stop us achieving what we are capable of this season. I felt at the start we were light by 2/3 players. The majority are mentally and physically exhausted. Hopefully this week and next allows them to get some much needed rest before the fixtures come thick and fast again. Really need some bodies back.

All teams have injuries and though we've lost some key players we definitely haven't got the worst injury list in the league. No, the main problem is our starting squad wasn't big enough to begin with and perhaps we should have had more EDS train with the first team all the way through, especially as Pep himself says the level of the EDS league isn't high enough, then why bother having them play in it, let them train with the first team and maybe we'd have a few extra youngsters who could step in.
We will have to get through Feb with what we've got, none of the long term injured are going to feature for the next 3 weeks, but as long as we have Silva back and the others have rested a bit, then we should be fine

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.