Squad lists, rules and the end of the transfer window!

Yeah the problem with signing U21's is we aren't quite signing them young enough which obviously has negatives to it. Correct me if i'm wrong but if we sign them at 18 they then would have the chance to become club trained (3 years under the age of 21), although the FA want to make it 4 years. So Sane and Gabriel Jesus will be unlimited for now as you say but become part of the 17 once they're are 22, I think Iheanacho wouldn't count as club trained either. Although the thought of Brahim becoming a club trained player is brilliant.

Kelechi was at City in 2014 although no work permit. He should still qualify as club trained once he's done 3 years. Sane & Jesus will have to take up places in the 17 for european games right now, but will be eligible as u21s in the prem for the next couple of years then have to be in the 17.

But by that time we may have a plethora of super talented kids queueing up to take their place as U21s & also potentially club & association trained.

1. Claudio Bravo
2. Willy Caballero

3. Bacary Sagna
4. Pablo Zabaleta
Pablo Maffeo (u21)
5. Vincent Kompany
Jason Denayer (home trained)
6. Nicolas Otamendi
John Stones (home trained)
7. Aleskandar Kolarov
Gael Clichy (home trained)
Angelino (u21)

8. Yaya Toure
Fabian Delph (home trained)
9. Fernandinho
10. Fernando
11. Ilkay Gundogan
12. Samir Nasri
13. David Silva
14. Kevin De Bruyne
Raheem Sterling (home trained)
15. Jesus Navas

16. Sergio Aguero
17. Nolito
Kelechi Iheanacho (u21)
Leroy Sane (u21)
Gabriel Jesus (u21)

17 foreign players + 5 home trained players + 5 u21 players = 27 players. Big squad.

As I understand the situation with Hart, Bony Mangala gone Nasri is OK as far asprem league squad but we need to lose a foreign player for CL to accomodate him. IMO that is easy drop Willy and promote EDS keeper, problem solved. I think...................

This is what I think we will end up with. I don't think we will drop anyone from the CL squad. Everyone below can fit in both squads (assuming Denayer actually is Club Trained).:

1. Claudio Bravo
2. Willy Caballero
Gunn (u21)

3. Bacary Sagna
4. Pablo Zabaleta
Pablo Maffeo (u21)
5. Vincent Kompany
Jason Denayer (club trained)
6. Nicolas Otamendi
John Stones (home trained)
7. Aleskandar Kolarov
Gael Clichy (home trained)
Angelino (u21)

8. Leroy Sane
Fabian Delph (home trained)
9. Fernandinho
10. Fernando
11. Ilkay Gundogan
12. Kelechi/Jesus (Kelechi becomes Club trained in January; Jesus takes his CL spot; both are U21 for Prem)
13. David Silva
14. Kevin De Bruyne
Raheem Sterling (home trained)
15. Jesus Navas
16. Sergio Aguero
17. Nolito

Yaya (I expect him to go. If not I think he loses his CL spot...Its him Fernando or Sane and I don't think that is a choice at all)
Bony (I assume he is leaving)
Mangala (I assume he is leaving)

I still see people speculating that we might keep X / Y and put cheeky bids in for whoever.

The possition for the Prem is this needs cutting to 17!

1 Caballero, 2 Bravo
3 Kompany, 4 Sagna, 5 Kolarov, 6 Zabaleta 7 Otamendi, 8 Mangala,
9 Fernando, 10 Fernandinho, 11 Yaya Toure, 12 Silva, 13 Navas, 14 Nasri, 15 De Bruyne, 16 Nolito, 17 Gundogan,
18 Aguero, 19 Bony,

For CL these 2 would also take a spot so to fit them in cut 2 more from the above!

20 Kelechi Iheanacho, 21 Sane

If we want to sign an English player we already have the Max for CL so cut another English or Foreign player to fit in anyone else!

The possition for the Prem is this needs cutting to 17!

1 Caballero, 2 Bravo
3 Kompany, 4 Sagna, 5 Kolarov, 6 Zabaleta 7 Otamendi, 8 Mangala,
9 Fernando, 10 Fernandinho, 11 Yaya Toure, 12 Silva, 13 Navas, 14 Nasri, 15 De Bruyne, 16 Nolito, 17 Gundogan,
18 Aguero, 19 Bony,

For CL these 2 would also take a spot so to fit them in cut 2 more from the above!

20 Kelechi Iheanacho, 21 Sane

So looks like 1 player will miss the Champions League!

Yaya probably won't be in CL squad.

On the basis of selections to date, probably true. But once Sane & Gundogan are fit, do we really need all three of Navas, Delph & Fernando in the CL squad? We seem to be adequately covered in their positions. Whereas Yaya, purely as an impact sub, could provide us with something different. Overall I think the squad needs one more creative midfielder at the expense of one of the more solid players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.