Squad shape/formations

My excitement for this season revolved around wings consisting of sane and mendy especially and either sterling or b. Silva with walker and Danilo.

I think it's beyond stupid to play this formation and shows a rigid side to pep and has raised a few doubts for me unfortunately.

I personally prefer Jesus up top with de Bruyne not far behind. It's creates so much space having the option of an outball to sane or sterling with our newly upgraded full backs supporting them with runs on the outside.

I can see the merits, and it's a different proposition once Mendy's available.

I genuinely think Pep wants to drop Aguero and just play Jesus. In fact, the team we played last year with the Sane-Sterling-Jesus trio is our optimal front line.

But Jesus isn't quite ready, and for all his inconsistency Aguero is still a phenomenal footballer who we maybe can't afford to drop.

And I think that's why he plays this formation. Because it's the only one that accommodates the pair.

Don't understand the thinking behind it at all. We have great full backs now and great wingers, why not play with both? Aguero and Jesus have showed very few signs of gelling either.

We played our best football last season with wingers. Sane and Sterling running at defenders, creating space for Kev and Silva. Play 3 at the back if we need the extra defender but against most teams it's a waste.

Three centre halves means one too few non-passing creators in midfield. When we have 60-70% possession that's a waste of a man as we have centre halves trying to create passes in midfield instead of someone who's job it is to do that

We played our best football last season with wingers. Sane and Sterling running at defenders, creating space for Kev and Silva. Play 3 at the back if we need the extra defender but against most teams it's a waste.
Exactly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.