squad weaker than last season ?

Genuine Question mate as I am struggling to understand your negativity. Are you saying it is a disappointing window because we haven't yet got our prime targets secured or you feel we are worse off with the business we have completed. Or am I missing your point totally?

Only because we haven't yet secured our prime targets, really.

I just feel we need a De Bruyne/Pogba to say it has been a successful window!

Only because we haven't yet secured our prime targets, really.

I just feel we need a De Bruyne/Pogba to say it has been a successful window!

Do you understand though that were not just walking into a supermarket and picking these up off the shelf? These are star players that are commanding very large numbers, with Pogba being particularly difficult due to image rights and De Bruyne who's club are making life difficult.

Life isn't as simple as you would like it to be, but I admire where you have placed your bar in terms of expectations

Do you understand though that were not just walking into a supermarket and picking these up off the shelf? These are star players that are commanding very large numbers, with Pogba being particularly difficult due to image rights and De Bruyne who's club are making life difficult.

Life isn't as simple as you would like it to be, but I admire where you have placed your bar in terms of expectations

I completely agree with you on all points regarding De Bruyne and Pogba and hopefully De Bruyne will get done soon. . .

I just can't help but feel we're missing a couple of players at the moment to really take us to the next level!

Arguably last season we already had a squad which was capable of a domestic clean sweep. It was how the Manager used those assets where it fell down.
After recent changes I think we still have the best starting 11 domestically but we will not know how good the kids are because they are not given the opportunity.
As we stand we are no stronger to advance in Europe -so without 2-3 marquee signings nothing will change.

I completely agree with you on all points regarding De Bruyne and Pogba and hopefully De Bruyne will get done soon. . .

I just can't help but feel we're missing a couple of players at the moment to really take us to the next level!

I agree with your point, but those players that will do that are very difficult to obtain. Patience mate, and hopefully we will all be happy come Sept

I notice that quite a few posters are replying with reference to KDB or Pogba or both. We haven't signed either so those players don't mean anything in terms of our squad. Also a few have said that some of our players will be better this season. Well that's quite an assumption based on one game. A game in which we ended up with MDM in midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.