Squeeze

TheMightyQuinn said:
Weird, I was thinking today how no one mentions them on here.

Their first 8 or 9 singles were really good musically and lyrically, they got a bit slick for me after a while but stuff like Up The Junction, This is Love (or whatever) etc are really ace power pop/new wave tunes.

I rate them

i mentioned them a few times on here....usually regarding up the junction, its one of my all time fav tunes ;)

Only saw Squeeze once, brilliant. Saw Glenn Tilbrook do a solo acoustic show at The Brindley in Runcorn a couple of years ago.. When it came to the interval he said he was going to carry on in the bar/foyer area, everybody just looked at each other. When the time came he shouted 'c'mon then' and jumped off the stage and went to the bar area. Carried on there, walking in and out of the crowd and up and down the stairs singing and playing his guitar. What a performance.

Bang Bang on green vinyl anyone? Or that 3d cover on the dodgy Goodbye Girl? Cool for Cats pink vinyl? Up the junction on purple? There were more but I think I lost the need to buy coloured vinyl at around that point!

My fav = Tempted - classic song.

shadygiz said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Weird, I was thinking today how no one mentions them on here.

Their first 8 or 9 singles were really good musically and lyrically, they got a bit slick for me after a while but stuff like Up The Junction, This is Love (or whatever) etc are really ace power pop/new wave tunes.

I rate them

i mentioned them a few times on here....usually regarding up the junction, its one of my all time fav tunes ;)

It's a top tune Shady!

As for you mentioning them, I must have forgotten, lol I may have iron lungs but my memory is made from cotton wool ;)

4HeatonsBlue said:
Dave H said:
Firstly Squeeze were ace.

Secondly, i'd have to say '77 - '83 was a huge part of my growing up too musically. I got into everything from punk to the mod revival, to ska, the start of hip hop, the start of The Smiths etc.... so so much good music, that i still listen to now.... in fact i don't think there's been a band that i've liked over the years that i wouldn't listen to now.... not really.

And thirdly, i'd say that if you're looking for anarchistic, rebellious stuff, Radiohead is not the band for you, but... they are far more than just In Rainbows. If it's punch you're after, then delve into their early back catalogue. I'm not saying you'll love it, but it's quite different.

In Rainbows is a brilliant piece of music

Jigsaw Falling into Pieces is one of my top 5 radiohead tracks

Agreed.... In Rainbows is a brilliant piece of music.

Did you buy the box set, with the extra 8 tracks?

Jigsaw is a top song.... loved it when it was called "Open Pick" way back when.

top top top band

love them
i guess its officil now

by the way met a couple of the members and they seemed very decent down to earth blokes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.