SS GB. If it happened today.....

Magicpole

Team supported
Celtic
Which parts of the UK would fight back against the Nazis? If any.

I read this book years ago and it always intrigued me to think. What if it really happened? What would we have done had we been defeated?

I watched the first episode tonight and again began thinking what if it happened, right now. How we are in the world with Trump and Brexit. How would we line up? Would we line up at all?

Would parts of the country resist more than others? If so, which parts?

I have no doubt that there would be collaborators. Similar to the Black Shirts of Mosely in the 30's, the far right here and now would be harnessed.

I would hope we did, but to be honest I'm not 100% convinced we would. Or, I should say, not all places would.

What do you think would happen today. Would we take them on or melt away?

Dunno, been to my mates in hessen and he has a pool, i may get a bit of that action if i 'greased the wheels' of their advance maybe.

It is an interesting question, how would we be armed given todays gun laws here? Certain pockets of all areas would take up arms, i would certainly if their aims were as then. I would surrender in a moment if they cut of the areas internet though, gotta admin them servers!

The north would fight to the death
London would capitulate
You know it I know it and uncle tom cobly knows it

Interesting question but hard to compare the 1940s and today, the closest you could do is say those areas most likely to resist an occupation would be much the same as voted out of Europe.

The aim of such resistance would be much the same as those who voted Brexit though obviously under different circumstances.

And the reason the south would not give a fook is they would be too busy demonstrating against the system to worry about the system that would remonstrate against them.

Who'd be first into the camps? Obviously after mick hucknall, terry christian, and Gill.

Its a different world now - resistance would be futile with modern technology - I mean I doubt you could fool an enemy 25 miles away in France with a few balloons that look like trucks and planes in Kent. You'd never be able to hide in the North - there are drones, thermal imaging camera's and such like.

As for being taken over by a foreign army I doubt that would be too difficult these days - threaten to switch off YouTube, SnapChat and FaceBook and every under 25 would collaborate.

As to the TV show - am not sure to be honest - need to see another episode or two - the book was brilliant though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.