SS GB. If it happened today.....

They may take us with superior force but Rochdale and Rossendale would organise resistance groups in the surrounding countryside.
There is not a german amongst us,just patriots that would take the fight to the hun.
I was trained with the use of a government issue SLR rifle and so have lots of other people around here in their 50's and 60's.
A ready willing and able dads army if you will so don't panic.
And, of course, they don't like it up em!

Throughout our history, there have been many cases of 'ethnic cleansing'.

There is no reason to expect it can't happen here in the UK again. It has happened before, after all. Just think of Catholics and Jews down the line.

If it's deemed socially acceptable, it will happen.

All it would take is popular opinion to support it.

The SS in Germany weren't actually that pro-active in rooting out undesirables. They relied on the population informing them, and reacted accordingly.

They were actually quite lazy. They were ruthless, but they acted on information they received rather than find it out for themselves.

There are plenty of sneaks in this country that would provide a similar service, if it was deemed acceptable.

Cannon fodder my arse. Better at fighting so used to take positions and dangerous missions hence the higher mortality rate.

Scots have received 164 VC's, again by far the most per head of population of any country. English soldiers have received just over 600 but from a country 10x ours in size.

We pull our weight and today in the SAS we are over represented by a factor of five population wise.

Yep, cannon fodder right enough.
Without doubt the Jocks have, and do provide ferocious soldiers for the British army, they have a justifiably
proud history and are an invaluable source of recruits. I've not researched, but what would be the situation
if Scotland did secede? The armed forces swear allegiance to the Queen, not parliament, and although I think
I once heard Salmond say she'd still be 'our' queen, would Scottish soldiers still be part of the British army, or would
they simply form the armed forces of an independent Scotland?

Without doubt the Jocks have, and do provide ferocious soldiers for the British army, they have a justifiably
proud history and are an invaluable source of recruits. I've not researched, but what would be the situation
if Scotland did secede? The armed forces swear allegiance to the Queen, not parliament, and although I think
I once heard Salmond say she'd still be 'our' queen, would Scottish soldiers still be part of the British army, or would
they simply form the armed forces of an independent Scotland?

No. We will retain our part of the uk armed forces. We are still pals and partners with a history. We will pay our contribution. We may have problems with Iraq type wars in the future. We won't go there. But, legitimate situations we will, as always not only step up to the plate, but fucking take it. :)

And the Queen will still be the Queen up here too.

And the Queen will still be the Queen up here too.

Unless she goes all Ukip and decided we can go fuck ourselves.

I hope not because I enjoy our chats.

It's a wonder they can see their way around the set with all that cigarette smoke

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.