SSD Not Recognized - Help Request

No pal. I cloned the HDD in the laptop to the SSD in a usb caddy. Then I took the SSD out and put it in the laptop and tried to boot it.

Unless you install Windows with the ssd in the laptop for some reason it wont boot up properly, try what I recommended in my earlier post.

Unless you install Windows with the ssd in the laptop for some reason it wont boot up properly, try what I recommended in my earlier post.

I think I will attempt a fresh install pal as its my only option at present, although im not confident.

Like my OP states the unit doesn't support an SSD drive, and in essence I was looking a workround.

I think I will attempt a fresh install pal as its my only option at present, although im not confident.

Like my OP states the unit doesn't support an SSD drive, and in essence I was looking a workround.
Can you not put the original HHD back in and get the free upgrade to Win 10 on that, and then clone it to the SSD? No promises it would make any difference but you would be one step closer. Worst case scenario here would be still using the old HDD but at least you'd be running.

The reason there's no 'Legacy+UEFI' option in your BIOS is because they've stripped it to the bare minimum. There were some hacked BIOS's for it out there but I wouldn't recommend them to you, they seem to be mostly used to increase the video memory allocation to smooth things out. Since I suspect your Win 7 license is tied to the BIOS you'd maybe find that you'd have no OS at all.

Can you not put the original HHD back in and get the free upgrade to Win 10 on that, and then clone it to the SSD? No promises it would make any difference but you would be one step closer. Worst case scenario here would be still using the old HDD but at least you'd be running.

The reason there's no 'Legacy+UEFI' option in your BIOS is because they've stripped it to the bare minimum. There were some hacked BIOS's for it out there but I wouldn't recommend them to you, they seem to be mostly used to increase the video memory allocation to smooth things out. Since I suspect your Win 7 license is tied to the BIOS you'd maybe find that you'd have no OS at all.

there is a compatibility issue with the Intel Graphics Accelerator 3600 which prevents the touchpad working properly and so Windows will not allow a direct upgrade.
I could install Windows 10 from an ISO file on a USB stick and apparently the touchpad should work ok just not be fully functional. Some say its so the users are pushed into buying a newer device.
I could try to install the Windows 7 driver for the IGA 3600 I suppose after that.

Then clone to the SSD and see what happens.

I have had that computer for about 4 yrs,12 hours a day every day,had the odd brain fart but works a treat,i upgraded my back up to windows 10 and really regretted it so i'm sticking with windows 7

How did you do that? Was it through Windows Update? If so it must be more compatible than this one!

Well waddya know?!

Fully reformatted ssd to ntfs, popped it back into the laptop booted with USB stick containing Windows 10 and it installed with no problems!

Works really well no problems at all!
On an Atom processor.
It will make a great little travel device.

Well waddya know?!

Fully reformatted ssd to ntfs, popped it back into the laptop booted with USB stick containing Windows 10 and it installed with no problems!

Works really well no problems at all!
On an Atom processor.
It will make a great little travel device.

Glad you sorted it, thats how I install OS when I first got Ssd drive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.