Stadium ban appeal

Again the point is that you are banned straight away. You then can appeal, once you are dissatisfied with the response from head of security who has already issued the ban!! City immediately presume you guilty, ban you and then in practice - you miss games awaiting the outcome of the 'appeal'. I would be interested to know if anyone has actually had there appeal rule in there favor?

I'd hope the club would pro-rate anyone's season ticket and refund any £ for missed matches if the ban appeal was succesful.

And should compensate them very significantly indeed, I would be wanting a free ST for the following season.
I would agree. If one's liberty is taken away and the courts can't find sufficient evidence of guilt the person is entitled to be awarded damages.

I don't suppose due process extends to privately owned football clubs though.

Again the point is that you are banned straight away. You then can appeal, once you are dissatisfied with the response from head of security who has already issued the ban!! City immediately presume you guilty, ban you and then in practice - you miss games awaiting the outcome of the 'appeal'. I would be interested to know if anyone has actually had there appeal rule in there favor?

I had my ban overturned though whilst banned it prevented me from getting a spurs away ticket as the entire card is blocked even for away games.
My ban was only overturned as I could categorically prove that I wasn't the offender and had to give the name and address of who the offender was. Don't think in essence it would always be that easy but I submitted evidence to prove I was out of the country.

It really needs them to ban someone wrongly who has the means to take them to court, seek compensation
and for it to be in all the papers.
I'm sure the Sun, Mail and even the BBC would love it.
They then might reconsider their stance.
Arabs do not like bad publicity and I am sure heads would roll if it went that far.

I had my ban overturned though whilst banned it prevented me from getting a spurs away ticket as the entire card is blocked even for away games. ..............
There is a loophole for getting round the problem of away tickets, as there should be considering the ban only applies to home games.

The length of ban is discretionary and determined by the club/GMP, the supporter has no access to any kind of hearing to provide their interpretation of events. I can understand the club excluding someone if the offence is a risk to public safety - but many times they are not. If you are accused of anything you are punished with a ban, if you are subsequently cleared of all charges, you have still been punished. Many clubs (in conjunction with the police) would apply to a magistrate to issue a banning order if they thought it necessary but at least the accused would have the opportunity to respond to the accusations and an independent person would make the decision. The FSF maintain City are one of the worst for this knee jerk justice.

It's little surprise when you consider who the safety officer is at City. It's because of him being a lying bastard that our club's name was very publically dragged through the mud when those Millwall fans dared to buy tickets for our game against Swansea a couple of seasons ago, only to be refused, and were lied to like fuck as to the reasons why they weren't allowed entry to the stadium. Add to that numerous examples of our own fans being harshly treated and it makes one wonder why the club continues to employ this jumped up ****.

It's little surprise when you consider who the safety officer is at City. It's because of him being a lying bastard that our club's name was very publically dragged through the mud when those Millwall fans dared to buy tickets for our game against Swansea a couple of seasons ago, only to be refused, and were lied to like fuck as to the reasons why they weren't allowed entry to the stadium. Add to that numerous examples of our own fans being harshly treated and it makes one wonder why the club continues to employ this jumped up ****.

Who you talking about there?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.