Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

Re: Stadium Expansion excitement!!!

EB.

How does the new roof sit with the current one?

Any chance you can go into some detail about the design/appearance of the expanded South Stand, or have you been asked keep it to yourself until plans go on public display?

For me the most important thing is the long term future and how we find our next generation of match attending fans.

Currently our average supporter's age is 40+ and we have ridiculous regulations that prevent under 14's attending games by themselves.

Now I know times have changed, but it's interesting to note that when we 1st set up back at Hyde Road we had a Boys'Corner which, unsurprisingly, was for just boys!

We seriously need to consider a youths only area of the stadium and I don't mean a family stand. This needs to be somewhere that under 16's can pay about £5 to get in and scream themeselves hoarse. Anyone who has ever been to schoolboys' internationals at the old Wembley will now what I mean. Airhorns and screaming kids will ensure the rest of us make an effort to sing too!

I for one would willingly forgo any Seasoncard price reduction that expansion may offer, if it meant that our club became open to just about any child with £5 to spend.

We will ultimately reap what we sow!

samharris said:
Eccles Blue said:
I’m excited, all right don’t get worried, it’s just a supporter’s excitement and this time it isn’t even over Vincent Kompany or Zaba!! So there’s something new! You should know me by now, I get excited at the slightest thing............. not that Vinnie or Zaba are the slightest things, but I'm old not dead!!! :-)

Anyway, along with a group of other fans I was invited to the stadium to view the expansion models and discuss what the plans for the fans are going to be when they get planning permission. The images of how the stadium will look are absolutely fantastic and of course this will mean more season tickets. The plan for the season tickets is with a starting price of around £299.

It will give people chance to add friends and family to the waiting list so that you can all sit together if you want to. When you register your/their names you get an allocated number and the sooner you register the higher up your number will be. Then when they start allocating the new season cards you can either accept the offer or, if you want to wait a little longer for some reason, you won’t lose your place on the list you will be re-invited for the next round of offers. You will have to put a deposit down for the number of people when you register but that discourages time wasters I guess, although that wasn’t how it was put across.

As I say I am excited about how this looks as if it's going to pan out. It’s obvious the club is not just saying, 'right this is it, take it or leave it,' they are canvassing views from supporters and they are listening. Supporters wanted cheaper season cards and they listened and are working on it, supporters wanted to move and sit with their friends or family and they are looking to help people with that.

It's a good omen I feel. Well done City. IMHO

No good without pics!! ;)

I don't think they are 100% decided yet as to exact layout. they do look fantastic though. the away fans will be on all 3 tiers in the south stand. city fans will be behind the goal. the value tickets will be snapped up so get your name down rapid. espically if you want to sit near mates.

exciting days ahead.

Exciting times ahead indeed

How ever serious consideration needs to be given to the traffic flow both pre and post match, more people will mean more cars which will be more match day grid lock

de niro said:
samharris said:
Eccles Blue said:
I’m excited, all right don’t get worried, it’s just a supporter’s excitement and this time it isn’t even over Vincent Kompany or Zaba!! So there’s something new! You should know me by now, I get excited at the slightest thing............. not that Vinnie or Zaba are the slightest things, but I'm old not dead!!! :-)

Anyway, along with a group of other fans I was invited to the stadium to view the expansion models and discuss what the plans for the fans are going to be when they get planning permission. The images of how the stadium will look are absolutely fantastic and of course this will mean more season tickets. The plan for the season tickets is with a starting price of around £299.

It will give people chance to add friends and family to the waiting list so that you can all sit together if you want to. When you register your/their names you get an allocated number and the sooner you register the higher up your number will be. Then when they start allocating the new season cards you can either accept the offer or, if you want to wait a little longer for some reason, you won’t lose your place on the list you will be re-invited for the next round of offers. You will have to put a deposit down for the number of people when you register but that discourages time wasters I guess, although that wasn’t how it was put across.

As I say I am excited about how this looks as if it's going to pan out. It’s obvious the club is not just saying, 'right this is it, take it or leave it,' they are canvassing views from supporters and they are listening. Supporters wanted cheaper season cards and they listened and are working on it, supporters wanted to move and sit with their friends or family and they are looking to help people with that.

I don't think they are 100% decided yet as to exact layout. they do look fantastic though. the away fans will be on all 3 tiers in the south stand. city fans will be behind the goal. the value tickets will be snapped up so get your name down rapid. espically if you want to sit near mates.

exciting days ahead.

Very exciting fella..

blueparrot said:
Any idea when the plans will be released?

weeks rather than months.<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:46 pm --<br /><br />
samharris said:
de niro said:
samharris said:

exciting days ahead.

Very exciting fella..

it is. its a shame i'm old, our club are going to lead the way on and off the field for years to come.

de niro said:
samharris said:
Eccles Blue said:

exciting days ahead.

Away fans will be on *all 3 tiers* of the South Stand.

Did I read that right De Niro?

Tantalising titbits thrown our way...possible the expansion (and have they decided on both ends at once?) will complete in time for the completion of the Academy (or at least there abouts)? Certainly will be a grand statement of the ambitions around those parts soon...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.