Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

Re: Stadium Expansion excitement!!!

I'm wary. A good home atmosphere is often generated by a decent away following. Spread over three tiers its unlikely to happen often.

<a class="postlink" href="http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2990/yhxq.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2990/yhxq.jpg</a>
Could this be something like it?

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2990/yhxq.jpg

The new third tries will be taller and steeper than the current CB and east stand

Is any of this any different or more detailed than was on display at the ground in the summer?

Planning application would be for both ends, but not done at the same time (south first). Away fans location not decided, but still likely to be access at south-east corner (maybe half of top tier at south), 2nd tier at south end would have wider concourse (new wall is several metres outside existing structure) but this means even more "enhanced" seating with packages. Trouble is, if they're displacing people from level 2 for more corporate areas, there will be some demand for people moving to existing parts of the ground.

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2990/yhxq.jpg

The new third tries will be taller and steeper than the current CB and east stand
Wow that's steep if that's the case.

i really doubt all season tickets in south stand will be 300 quid, probably a very limited amount.

If it is and the away fans are moved I will move to south stand level 1

GFBlue said:
How do you register an interest in a ST? I filled in the survey they sent me and I would definitely by a ST in the cheap areas of the expanded stadium (tight I know but living in Scotland means not being able to get to all games). Does this count or do you need to do something else?

Thanks in advance for any advice. Feel free if you want to take the piss!

Sorry mate, but attitudes like this are precisely why we have so many non attendees at a standard run of the mill league fixture.

As a general rule, if you are unable to attend the majority of home fixtures, or have no intention of doing so, a season ticket isn't for you.

A season ticket is a commitment to attend every home league fixture, if you can't attend a good 15 or 16 of the 19 league fixtures then you should be buying tickets individually.

After the takeover, many people saw buying a season ticket as a guaranteed ticket for the big fixtures, and nothing more. "Buying" a seat. That is an awful attitude, and places obstacles for other blues attending.

The problem which exacerbates this however, is the growing price of individual league tickets at City. For some people, the cost of going to several league fixtures on individual tickets makes absolutely no sense, as often it represents awful value for money compared with just buying a seasoncard, and ultimately, the costs will be comparable anyway.

Typically, people who were once unable to attend the majority of home fixtures - due to proximity to the ground, family, work, cost - would just buy individual tickets with an accesscard or citycard. Now, more of them are deciding that individual tickets don't represent value for money, and they're purchasing season tickets.

At least that's my theory behind the empty seats we regularly see at sold out home fixtures, and I think it's one that is only going to get worse the way our individual ticket prices are going.

Anyway, don't take this as a personal attack mate, I just think that this is a topic worthy of debate.

Kippaxstreetheadache said:
GFBlue said:
How do you register an interest in a ST? I filled in the survey they sent me and I would definitely by a ST in the cheap areas of the expanded stadium (tight I know but living in Scotland means not being able to get to all games). Does this count or do you need to do something else?

Thanks in advance for any advice. Feel free if you want to take the piss!

Sorry mate, but attitudes like this are precisely why we have so many non attendees at a standard run of the mill league fixture.

As a general rule, if you are unable to attend the majority of home fixtures, or have no intention of doing so, a season ticket isn't for you.

A season ticket is a commitment to attend every home league fixture, if you can't attend a good 15 or 16 of the 19 league fixtures then you should be buying tickets individually.

After the takeover, many people saw buying a season ticket as a guaranteed ticket for the big fixtures, and nothing more. "Buying" a seat. That is an awful attitude, and places obstacles for other blues attending.

The problem which exacerbates this however, is the growing price of individual league tickets at City. For some people, the cost of going to several league fixtures on individual tickets makes absolutely no sense, as often it represents awful value for money compared with just buying a seasoncard, and ultimately, the costs will be comparable anyway.

Typically, people who were once unable to attend the majority of home fixtures - due to proximity to the ground, family, work, cost - would just buy individual tickets with an accesscard or citycard. Now, more of them are deciding that individual tickets don't represent value for money, and they're purchasing season tickets.

At least that's my theory behind the empty seats we regularly see at sold out home fixtures, and I think it's one that is only going to get worse the way our individual ticket prices are going.

Anyway, don't take this as a personal attack mate, I just think that this is a topic worthy of debate.

It's an interesting viewpoint and I agree with what you're saying. However not all fans who live out of Manchester just let their seats go to waste. Out of all my families seats (6 in total) about half of us live outside of Manchester now. Unfortunately I can only make 5-6 games a season at the Etihad BUT I always try to sell my ticket. I often sell it less than fave value to fans on here desperate to see a match and often give as a freebie to my mates still in Manchester. My other family ST holders attend more regularly than me but on the odd occasion I've drilled it into them that they should do the same. Every time I see an empty seat on levels 1 (where our seats are and a level I believe is completely STHDs) I cringe because I know there's so many fans wanting to watch but can't afford to go. For me if you can't make a match and can't sell it (which is unlikely) then just give it away! It's better than going to waste.

I am currently in SL2 right behind the goal.
Hoping my block doesn't become corporate but fear the worst.
If tickets are going to be cheaper in SL3..who gets first dibs?? Current ticket holders looking to move or new applicants. So many questions that need answering. The future is looking rosy...

Can we just have an away win now please??? :-)

Vic said:
Is any of this any different or more detailed than was on display at the ground in the summer?

Planning application would be for both ends, but not done at the same time (south first). Away fans location not decided, but still likely to be access at south-east corner (maybe half of top tier at south), 2nd tier at south end would have wider concourse (new wall is several metres outside existing structure) but this means even more "enhanced" seating with packages. Trouble is, if they're displacing people from level 2 for more corporate areas, there will be some demand for people moving to existing parts of the ground.

Both ends will be done at the same time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.