Stadium Expansion

Ducado

Team supported
City
Lots on Twitter that the club have told some fans group (who I don't know) that they plan to expand the north and south stands to bring the ground capacity to 60k, your thoughts and opinions?

I beleive if City carry on like we have, it will be needed

davymcfc said:
Not at the moment we don't. Cup attendances are poor.
League attendances aren't though. Cup attendances will improve with time, and expansion would be for the long term.

If the price of tickets reduces people will go.

Many fans have got out of the habit of going to games.

People rightly or wrongly think football is expensive.

Mate of mine was at an invited "focus group" before the game. The extra 6,000 at each end was presented pretty much as fact. Main point of discussion was the inadequate bar service and rightly so.

Sooner the better. We may not sell out 60k yet, but with the arrival of FFP, any increase in gate money will help. Even if we sell say 53k, if the majority are season ticket sales, that would be an extra £3m+ of annual income. If we start to sell out, it would be an extra ££7m+ of annual income. The cost of ground improvements are excluded from FFP calculations, so the income is all bunce.

davymcfc said:
Not at the moment we don't. Cup attendances are poor.

Barcelona had about the same amount of empty seats at a cup game last season as the capacity of our stadium. If we wait on cup games selling out, we may never expand the stadium.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/match/2012/sep/26/manchester-united-v-newcastleunited" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/matc ... stleunited</a>

certainly needed and I'd welcome it with open arms, it'd look top notch if it was three tiers all the way around although I'd like a one tiered kop at one end if I'm being picky

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.