Stan Bowles

Mad Eyed Screamer

This Tuesday, 19th December, Stan Bowles' family are having an Alzheimers Awareness night at The Fairway (formerly The Broadway) on Broadway, New Moston.
The City / Leicester game will be on the box and there will be raffles and auctions as well as food too.
Hope lots of Blues in the area can turn up and support the event :)

Last edited:
Taken today

36725163_1174955082647706_5896537360610361344_n.jpg

It’s most likely to be the Fairway as it’s only a couple of hundred yards from where he lives, I think the fella sat next to him is called Carl a lad I work with is his mate.

Does he live’round here, now then?

I remember the family putting out an appeal, 2 or 3 years ago, because Lynn wasn’t in a great financial position, and, iirc, couldn’t afford to continue paying the expensive fees of the private home he was in down in London.

Something I would’ve expected the PFA to have helped her out more with, to be fair.

Does he live’round here, now then?

I remember the family putting out an appeal, 2 or 3 years ago, because Lynn wasn’t in a great financial position, and, iirc, couldn’t afford to continue paying the expensive fees of the private home he was in down in London.

Something I would’ve expected the PFA to have helped her out more with, to be fair.
Been back in New Moston for a while now

Stan was the one that got away, a shining light but his maverick nature didn’t fit into the team ethic that Joe & Malcolm were forging. Sad but it worked for both when Stan had a good career & we went onto the wonderful era of the late 60’s & early 70’s. Often wondered what might have been & always considered Stan to be one of our own.

He lives on Broadway with his daughter a few doors up from my mate, his illness is getting steadily worse sadly .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.