Stan Bowles

Very sad news about the real Stanley Bowles. One of the games great entertainers with a wand of a left foot. I doff my cap to you Stan and remember you very fondly. As will the bookies of Shepherds Bush, no doubt. Best wishes.

Sad news. I don't envy his family what lies ahead. My mum had Alzheimer's for the last 3 or 4 years of her life, and it's heartbreaking to see someone there who looks like your loved one, but no longer is that person.

Mad as a hatter. Should have played more for England, and was unlucky that he didn't arrive on the City scene, either five years earlier, or five years later,when lesser talented players were given more of a chance.
Then again, he always gave the impression that he wasn't particularly bothered.

Sad, sad news for Stan and his family. A horrible illness for all concerned to deal with as I know having had an aunt and uncle stricken by it

Remember him very fondly, superb natural talent and great entertainer but as others have alluded to blew hot and cold on and off the pitch.

Best wishes to you and yours Stan in the hard times ahead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.