Stan Bowles

What a lovely guy he is,still drinks in The Broadway,Oldham Road,dresses extremely smartly,his daughter Andria is a fantastic person who obviously cares about all her family,still lots of years left in Stan(hopefully).

Yes a shame .must be hard for family and friends QPR are looking at doing a testimonial .but in my opinion instead of asking working class fans to stick their hands in there pockets. if all the QPR players donated a weeks wages he would be able to be cared for to the highest of standards and get the best treatment without the family worrying about the cost

Sad, very sad. I grew up with his son Carl and we used to mess about with his England caps in his mams house on Ashley lane. I know he's getting looked after very well off Andrea and Tracey. Such a Shame he can't get a testimonial from QPR.. HE'S ONLY THEIR GREATEST FUCKING PLAYER FOR GOD'S SAKE !! I just hope he doesn't suffer. #legend.

Sad, very sad. I grew up with his son Carl and we used to mess about with his England caps in his mams house on Ashley lane. I know he's getting looked after very well off Andrea and Tracey. Such a Shame he can't get a testimonial from QPR.. HE'S ONLY THEIR GREATEST FUCKING PLAYER FOR GOD'S SAKE !! I just hope he doesn't suffer. #legend.
QPR did a special day for him a while ago, Stan was there, not sure if he actually got any money from it though

So sad to read about Stan's illness but at least he has got a very supportive family and hopefully some funds can be raised to help with his future care.

His league debut for City as an 18 year old was stunning, a 5-2 win at Maine Rd against Sheff Utd in 67/68 where Stan scored twice and from memory had a hand in at least one other goal. His talent and potential stood out even in that title-winning team, it was such a pity that he was so headstrong and didn't listen more to Joe Mercer's advice, we could have won more trophies in the 70s with Stan in a City shirt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.