Stan Bowles

Loved Stan when he was playing, still remember the kippax singing' "Stanley Stanley where's your wife" and him just walking up and shrugging his shoulders, they don't make em like Stan anymore, mores the pity.
Remember that well, was in the Kippax Stand towards Windy Corner when he made that gesture, it had been in the paper on the Friday that his missus had done a runner, very funny moment, bet family guy wouldn't have taken it with Stan's humour, great footballer, great bloke.

Remember that well, was in the Kippax Stand towards Windy Corner when he made that gesture, it had been in the paper on the Friday that his missus had done a runner, very funny moment, bet family guy wouldn't have taken it with Stan's humour, great footballer, great bloke.
Yeah I will never forget that moment, he was class that day, liked him from that day on.. Totally unexpected but as you say a really funny moment in football history, wonder if it is on a recording somewhere?

I never saw Stan play live but from what i saw in clips of him he looked the sort of player you would pay money to watch, great character to i remember Gerry Francis telling a story of when he was having dinner with Stan and his wife when the bayliffs came in and took the dinning table they were eating off as he stopped paying for it as he was in debt due to gambling debts and Stans wife bollocking him sensless

was on a do last night and sat a couple of seats from Stan

Poor bloke looks like he's completely lost it and doesn't look good at all, quite shocking to see

quote-i-blew-the-lot-on-vodka-and-tonic-gambling-and-fags-looking-back-i-think-i-overdid-it-stan-bowles-66-68-48.jpg

Taken from 1894 facebook page, sorry if already shared elsewhere.

https://www.facebook.com/1894groupmcfc/posts/646707982194461:0

STAN BOWLES TRIBUTE GAME

This is one for any City fans who might live down south or might have a spare saturday to attend a game in London - at Loftus Road , QPR's ground.

Stan is best known for his time at QPR- a flamboyant entertainer in the Rodney Marsh mould but Stan is from Collyhurst and started out under Mercer and Allison at Maine Road in 1967 and was a squad member during the glory years. Unfortunately with Young, Lee, Bell, Summerbee and Coleman as the front five, opportunities were limited.

Of course he went to play for England under three different England managers - Joe Mercer when England manager capped him, so did Sir Alf Ramsey and Don Revie. He was one of the stars of the 70s.

For a while now Stan has been sufering with alzheimers and is in poor health. The QPR fans have been on and asked if any City fans will come and support a game - it's the pre-season friendly between QPR and Bournemouth, Saturday 29th July , 3pm at Loftus Road. Money from tickets is going to Stan and his family to help pay for round the clock care and give him the dignity he deserves.

This is from QPR fans Steve Flannery who is involved with organising this game : "Man City fans should attend the Stan Benefit, because they are his boyhood team and he never stopped loving them. He just left due to personality clash when he was young, with Mercer and Allison. From the time I was facebook friends with his daughter Tracy and newspaper interviews with his full time carer, daughter Alexandria , I saw several references to Stan only interested in watching tv football when Man City or QPR were playing."

"Tracy's son posts photos of 13 year old son Alex, a budding football genius in junior club football, wearing only the Man City kits."

"Her first grand daughter was born this year and already she has posted pics of the child in full Man City kit."

"First love never dies. It's a minor tragedy that City lost potentially one of their greatest ever players and many say, if Stan had stayed at City, he could have rivaled George Best, his own idol, in a cross city rivalry. The timing of the benefit in the summer holidays will hamper the gate - we desperately need help from all Stan's former clubs and indeed all football fans, to help fill the stadium."

"Stan deserves this benefit because fans want to give him the best possible Alzheimer's care (over £600pw) and tribute.He was never granted a testimonial at Loftus Rd, after all he did, because it wasn't over more than 7 years. Quality not quantity.
Plus, the FA are now investigating a link between playing football and dementia - too late for any compensation for Stan."

"This benefit is about Respect and Justice for Stan."

"City are forever in his and his family's heart. The QPR love is adpoted. Please support us."

The official website for all info is www.justforstan.com.

Tickets on sale Monday 12th June. They need all the help they can get to fill the stadium, to pay Stan's late stage Alzheimer's care costs. Tickets will be cheap about ten or twelve quid and you'll see a decent game and fans will be welcome in the home end wearing City colours. Please spread the word Blues to those who may be able to attend.

Saw stan fighting with kiddo on the halfway line in the 1967 derby at Maine rd, my first ever derby, I believe they became good mates after

Taken from 1894 facebook page, sorry if already shared elsewhere.

https://www.facebook.com/1894groupmcfc/posts/646707982194461:0

STAN BOWLES TRIBUTE GAME

This is one for any City fans who might live down south or might have a spare saturday to attend a game in London - at Loftus Road , QPR's ground.

Stan is best known for his time at QPR- a flamboyant entertainer in the Rodney Marsh mould but Stan is from Collyhurst and started out under Mercer and Allison at Maine Road in 1967 and was a squad member during the glory years. Unfortunately with Young, Lee, Bell, Summerbee and Coleman as the front five, opportunities were limited.

Of course he went to play for England under three different England managers - Joe Mercer when England manager capped him, so did Sir Alf Ramsey and Don Revie. He was one of the stars of the 70s.

For a while now Stan has been sufering with alzheimers and is in poor health. The QPR fans have been on and asked if any City fans will come and support a game - it's the pre-season friendly between QPR and Bournemouth, Saturday 29th July , 3pm at Loftus Road. Money from tickets is going to Stan and his family to help pay for round the clock care and give him the dignity he deserves.

This is from QPR fans Steve Flannery who is involved with organising this game : "Man City fans should attend the Stan Benefit, because they are his boyhood team and he never stopped loving them. He just left due to personality clash when he was young, with Mercer and Allison. From the time I was facebook friends with his daughter Tracy and newspaper interviews with his full time carer, daughter Alexandria , I saw several references to Stan only interested in watching tv football when Man City or QPR were playing."

"Tracy's son posts photos of 13 year old son Alex, a budding football genius in junior club football, wearing only the Man City kits."

"Her first grand daughter was born this year and already she has posted pics of the child in full Man City kit."

"First love never dies. It's a minor tragedy that City lost potentially one of their greatest ever players and many say, if Stan had stayed at City, he could have rivaled George Best, his own idol, in a cross city rivalry. The timing of the benefit in the summer holidays will hamper the gate - we desperately need help from all Stan's former clubs and indeed all football fans, to help fill the stadium."

"Stan deserves this benefit because fans want to give him the best possible Alzheimer's care (over £600pw) and tribute.He was never granted a testimonial at Loftus Rd, after all he did, because it wasn't over more than 7 years. Quality not quantity.
Plus, the FA are now investigating a link between playing football and dementia - too late for any compensation for Stan."

"This benefit is about Respect and Justice for Stan."

"City are forever in his and his family's heart. The QPR love is adpoted. Please support us."

The official website for all info is www.justforstan.com.

Tickets on sale Monday 12th June. They need all the help they can get to fill the stadium, to pay Stan's late stage Alzheimer's care costs. Tickets will be cheap about ten or twelve quid and you'll see a decent game and fans will be welcome in the home end wearing City colours. Please spread the word Blues to those who may be able to attend.

I'm up for it will somebody be running a coach

Tried a quick look, know I am being lazy but where is it and when is it. Doesn't hit you in the face from a quick scan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.