Star Trek

I haven't read the thread because to be honest I'm a married man but shatner is a legend and the latest films have been good but everything in between is for blokes who have never felt the warm embrace of a women.

Trekkies are on a par with Zena princess warrior fans, those fantasy war games with dice thingies and wrestling fans.

Personally I think people who think they're superior to others due to the entertainment they watch are the stupidest people on the planet. Well maybe not stupidest, the least intelligent is probably a better phrasing.

Personally I think people who think they're superior to others due to the entertainment they watch are the stupidest people on the planet. Well maybe not stupidest, the least intelligent is probably a better phrasing.
On the other hand, anyone who watches Big Brother or anything on ITVBe probably isn't the brightest.

Watched Star Trek Discovery this morning on Netflix. Hmm, not sure about it yet. Some jarring moments, with it supposedly set 10 years before the original series but with technology that didn't appear until a few they later being used, and messing around with the Klingons appearance yet again. Ok, well let's see where it goes, but I do puzzle over the way they have a ready made decent audience for these things and go out of their way to try to piss them off from the start.

Watched Star Trek Discovery this morning on Netflix. Hmm, not sure about it yet. Some jarring moments, with it supposedly set 10 years before the original series but with technology that didn't appear until a few they later being used, and messing around with the Klingons appearance yet again. Ok, well let's see where it goes, but I do puzzle over the way they have a ready made decent audience for these things and go out of their way to try to piss them off from the start.

Gonna give it a go, but some reports did make me think

one of the crew was brought up by spocks parents I read
the klingons from tge original series may be bypassed

On the whole though I am looking forward to it

Watched the new series, first 2 episodes and enjoyed it. Interesting to see how it develops.

And the Klingons are totally different, but what can you do.

Yes the spoiler bit above I left out, but I have read they're going to explain why we've never heard that before. We shall see.

Some of it always seems an attempt to deliberately annoy, that's all, as if they're ashamed of the heritage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.