Star Trek

Well the trouble with the Klingon appearance change is that there was a whole story arc about exactly why the ones in the original series had a different appearance - the failed eugenics project and subsequent plague. Now personally, I didn't feel that was totally necessary and could have just been ignored as being about production eras, as we pretended it was all the same species appearance, but they did do that and provided a detailed explanation. So to then ignore all of that and change it again is a bit jarring as I said.

The reason why it becomes an issue is that it suggests an ignorance and a lack of interest about what has gone before. That's a bit troubling. We shall see.

Just watched both of them tonight, thought pretty good imho!

Any sci-fi story is exactly that, a story. Goodies versus baddies, boy meets girl, triumph through hardship, strength of friendhip and spirit etc etc. Some people take sci-fi far too seriously, just lighten up and enjoy the story!

Well the trouble with the Klingon appearance change is that there was a whole story arc about exactly why the ones in the original series had a different appearance - the failed eugenics project and subsequent plague. Now personally, I didn't feel that was totally necessary and could have just been ignored as being about production eras, as we pretended it was all the same species appearance, but they did do that and provided a detailed explanation. So to then ignore all of that and change it again is a bit jarring as I said.

The reason why it becomes an issue is that it suggests an ignorance and a lack of interest about what has gone before. That's a bit troubling. We shall see.

Yes, but this set BEFORE that period, is it not?? This series runs in the same timeline as the 'Enterprise' offering, which is still around 10 years before 'ST:TOS'.

Plenty of time for the 'failed Eugenics Project' and we may even see initial attempts at the project in a future series.

With that being said, my 'pure breed' educated guess still stands.

Makes the new 'Klingon look' all the more appealing!!

Just watched ep2,i loved it.I then watched the trailer for future episodes,even better!

I think this series has great potential,which is a huge bonus given the expectation levels were rock bottom in many quarters.

And i couldn't care less what the Klingons look like.

Yes, but this set BEFORE that period, is it not?? This series runs in the same timeline as the 'Enterprise' offering, which is still around 10 years before 'ST:TOS'.

Plenty of time for the 'failed Eugenics Project' and we may even see initial attempts at the project in a future series.

With that being said, my 'pure breed' educated guess still stands.

Makes the new 'Klingon look' all the more appealing!!

Nope. Enterprise was 100 years before, this is 10. And it all happened during Enterprise.

Got my numbers slightly wrong, but still explains the 'Klingon' look and doesn't explain why you have a problem with it.

I have some niggles with the klingons too.

The head ridges and appearance of these Klingons can probably be explained, they seemed to be xompletely different to one we have seem amd more of a religious cult than warrior class. And General Kang in undiscovered country had small ridges and was hairless.

It was the ships that were completely unklingon like for the time period (D7cruiser) and lack of an TOS augmented affected original Klingon in the group of the other houses on hologram.

Seems a minor continuity error that may be explained away later.

Also the ending was bollocks.
Starfleet don't conduct court marshalls in darkened rooms where the judges are hidden, didn't feel at all in line with trek

Got my numbers slightly wrong, but still explains the 'Klingon' look and doesn't explain why you have a problem with it.

Well, let's put it into context, I'm not going berserk on this. Someone said what about the original series look and I was just making the point that would at least be consistent with the as explained history. It may be that all this gets explained but along with the anachronistic ship appearances and technology for the era it's set in, I've a nagging doubt they've said to hell with everything and they're going to just try and pretend it doesn't matter. We'll see.

So, guys, with better technology in producing CGI, comes better re-imaginings with vision of characters.

We are enjoying the perks of improved advancements for our viewing pleasures, especially for the sake of a 'futuristic look'.

Let it go.

Let it go...

ps, I should be at the match, but the wife is working tonight.

Very annoying but I, too, will let it go...

d8156sB.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.