Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi

The same way that Luke Skywalker went toe to toe with the strongest Force user ever based on 5 minutes with a droid and lifting some rocks.

The idea you need some long term training in the Force is prequel bullshit and is now, thankfully, being roundly ignored.

Luke had some training with Obi, then self training at Obi's house then about 3 years later about a month with Yoda. Training is not prequel bullshit. "The force is strong BUT YOU ARE NOT A JEDI YET".

Was looking up reviews earlier and found this.

It's an absolute piss-take satirical review/ summary covering TFA & TLJ

If you are non-PC sensitive you're probably better to give it a miss.

The same way that Luke Skywalker went toe to toe with the strongest Force user ever based on 5 minutes with a droid and lifting some rocks.

The idea you need some long term training in the Force is prequel bullshit and is now, thankfully, being roundly ignored.

It’s some amount of time.

Luke develops a relationship with Yoda that’s a lot more than just a cameo and in Return of the Jedi he says to R2 that they’re “going to see an old friend”. This isn’t something you’d say just after a spending a week with someone.

He also got leathered by Vader, OK he landed one or two hits but Vader could have easily killed him.

I’m a young 48 ;) and the problem is I grew up reading the EU there were so many stories etc good ones that the stuff they put out pales into comparison. If I’d not read that stuff and how the characters developed maybe I wouldn’t have been as attached to them, I just think they missed the boat, the force has never really been used to it’s full effect battle wise and I think that’s what people like me wanted, shit been ripped up etc, that’s why the Vader scene in R1 was what everyone had been waiting for all those years, vader been badass.

Speak for yourself.

Completely against the whole tone of a New Hope. Considering that a new hope starts a mere few hours after Rogue One ends the contrast between the two Vaders is stark, and completely out of sync. They are two different characters and the difference is jarring.

As soon as Luke threw the lightsaber over his shoulder I knew this film was going to miss the mark and be quite forgettable.

It's just an absolutely horrendous film. From that initial pathetic attempt at humour regarding a prank call - to the films premise being the Resistance are low on fuel. It's an absolute mess with no ounce of story telling. As for the Cantina part - that's as bad as the Gungan City scene in the Phantom Menace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.