Star Wars -

I am kind of with you. Totally on-board with the female lead in the main reboot. But again even with the stand-a-lone? Disney knows the male market is going to see these movies, but damn if they aren't trying to "cash-in" on the female audience now with the reboot as well. Kind of frustrating for them to have gone this direction in both imo.

Yea. TBH I want an alien to be the main protagonist in a SW film for once - even if it's just a Twilek type human with stuff stuck to his/her face. They have so many cool races but they never get the limelight.

Rogue One seems to have 1 white (female), 1 black, 1 hispanic, (like in the new SW trilogy), 1 arab and 2 asians as the main protagonists. As you say, they know 'geeks' will see the movie anyway but they're hoping, by filling all hero roles as other groups, they'll increase their £££, as tho asians will only watch SW if they see some asian martial artist in it. It's patronising as it is nauseating (and the attitude is a tad racist). It's also a bit off-putting, lke you have to look through the lens of PC to actually watch the movie - not unlike watching movies in 3D with those crappy dark glasses

The genders, races, etc. of casts don't bother me but when it's obvious I'm watching a PC wankfest it's annoying as fuck.
TFA had obvious elements of it with how Finn and Rey interacted. Very little subtlety involved

Last edited:
Looks boring tbh Why focus another film on the death star?

Would love them do a film on general grievous and his back story or Darth Plagueis

My copy of Bloodline arrived today, anybody else buying it? I'd heard good things beforehand and, 3 chapters in, its looking very interesting.

Meanwhile, there's further, detailed talk of a certain someone being in that bacta tank from the Rogue One trailer, along with whispers of a 3-in-1 collaborative effort to bring said character to life...

Yea. TBH I want an alien to be the main protagonist in a SW film for once - even if it's just a Twilek type human with stuff stuck to his/her face. They have so many cool races but they never get the limelight.

Rogue One seems to have 1 white (female), 1 black, 1 hispanic, (like in the new SW trilogy), 1 arab and 2 asians as the main protagonists. As you say, they know 'geeks' will see the movie anyway but they're hoping, by filling all hero roles as other groups, they'll increase their £££, as tho asians will only watch SW if they see some asian martial artist in it. It's patronising as it is nauseating (and the attitude is a tad racist). It's also a bit off-putting, lke you have to look through the lens of PC to actually watch the movie - not unlike watching movies in 3D with those crappy dark glasses

The genders, races, etc. of casts don't bother me but when it's obvious I'm watching a PC wankfest it's annoying as fuck.
TFA had obvious elements of it with how Finn and Rey interacted. Very little subtlety involved

women make up 50 percent of the population of the world, can't comprehend what the fuck is up with people if you question the presence of lead women roles.

As for ethnicity who gives a fuck, if you got stage presence you got the role, star wars and sci fi characters ethnicity is irrelevant as they aren't grounded with historical precedent, if its about Henry the 8th then they gotta be white, but some made up other world futuristic shit then there ain't no blueprint.

women make up 50 percent of the population of the world, can't comprehend what the fuck is up with people if you question the presence of lead women roles.

As for ethnicity who gives a fuck, if you got stage presence you got the role, star wars and sci fi characters ethnicity is irrelevant as they aren't grounded with historical precedent, if its about Henry the 8th then they gotta be white, but some made up other world futuristic shit then there ain't no blueprint.

Good job completely missing the point

Good job completely missing the point

No point missed fella, you said 1 female, if it was truly reflective society it would be half, you seem to have a problem with just one female, that's the way your post reads, I quote "all hero roles as other groups".

For me Star wars is an opportunity for our daughters and sisters to see themselves as equals, you quote them as "other groups", Having a good strong female lead is fine if she is a good strong female lead, Rey was that, despite her obvious west londonisms, the more the merrier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.