Star Wars -

Rogue One seems to have 1 white (female), 1 black, 1 hispanic, (like in the new SW trilogy), 1 arab and 2 asians as the main protagonists. As you say, they know 'geeks' will see the movie anyway but they're hoping, by filling all hero roles as other groups, they'll increase their £££, as tho asians will only watch SW if they see some asian martial artist in it. It's patronising as it is nauseating (and the attitude is a tad racist). It's also a bit off-putting, lke you have to look through the lens of PC to actually watch the movie - not unlike watching movies in 3D with those crappy dark glasses

No point missed fella, you said 1 female, if it was truly reflective society it would be half, you seem to have a problem with just one female, that's the way your post reads, I quote "all hero roles as other groups".

For me Star wars is an opportunity for our daughters and sisters to see themselves as equals, you quote them as "other groups", Having a good strong female lead is fine if she is a good strong female lead, Rey was that, despite her obvious west londonisms, the more the merrier.

You're fixating on lead women roles. I'm talking about the general attitude of using art as a vehicle for 'social justice' / 'identity politics'. The point was summed up when I wrote "genders, races, etc. of casts don't bother me but when it's obvious I'm watching a PC wankfest it's annoying as fuck."

"As for ethnicity who gives a fuck, if you got stage presence you got the role, star wars and sci fi characters ethnicity is irrelevant", Nice sentiment but that's obviously not how Disney and Kennedy are running things.

Official: Vader!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.