Star Wars

City_Sean

Whilst we already have a thread about Rogue One and the Force Awakens, I thought it'd be a good idea to have a general Star Wars thread where we discuss any non canon or other films to stop threads going off on tangents.

Great!

Funny thing happened the other day.

After watching Rogue One, I went on YouTube to watch the opening few scenes of A New Hope just so I could marvel at how brilliantly Rogue One rolls into it.

Then I saw it.
C-3PO had a silver leg!!
Nearly 40 years and I never noticed!

I quickly went on the internet to make sure my mind wasn't losing its grip and apparently it's a whole thing.
It's known by lots of people but never noticed by many others.

You could've knocked me down with an Ewok.

Great!

Funny thing happened the other day.

After watching Rogue One, I went on YouTube to watch the opening few scenes of A New Hope just so I could marvel at how brilliantly Rogue One rolls into it.

Then I saw it.
C-3PO had a silver leg!!
Nearly 40 years and I never noticed!

I quickly went on the internet to make sure my mind wasn't losing its grip and apparently it's a whole thing.
It's known by lots of people but never noticed by many others.

You could've knocked me down with an Ewok.

Yeah I heard this when FA was released, Anthony Daniels spoke about it, it reflected the other leg and the sand in the desert so not many noticed, I went back and blow me a silver fucking leg!!!

To add to the confusion the Star Wars figure didnt have a silver leg, so the makers of the original star wars figures didnt notice either. I had both C3POs the normal one and the one that fell apart and could go on Chewies back in a bag, both 100% had golden legs.

Last edited:
Yeah I heard this when FA was released, Anthony Daniels spoke about it, it reflected the other leg and the sand in the desert so not many noticed, I went back and blow me a silver fucking leg!!!

To add to the confusion the Star Wars figure didnt have a silver leg, so the makers of the original star wars figures didnt notice either. I had both C3POs the normal one and the one that fell apart and could go on Chewies back in a bag, both 100% had golden legs.

Yeah I had both as well and can vouch for that. Apparently it was to give him a bit of history - someone stuck a bomb in his leg which is why it was blown off and they could only find a silver replacement. But no one noticed anyway!

Here's the article I read:

http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/feature/fuck-off-did-c3po-have-a-silver-leg.php

and

I thought the one before this new one was exactly the same as the very first one..,,without the laughs.

I could be wrong but I'm not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.