Starting a new career

DannyBoy2890

Handed in my resignation to my place of work yesterday after almost 10 years there. It felt weird, but good weird.
I've been wanting to leave for a while now and extremely excited to be starting a new career at my new job.

Just wondering how other people found leaving a job after so long and starting a fresh in a new place found it?

Extemely excited to be taking a step up in my career and the hours / money will benefit myself and my families life.
Just curious of other people's experiences with this?

Last edited:
I did three years in the civil service after graduating. Hated it, and took out a career development loan to learn web development even though I had no experience in the field and never looked back. Good luck mate, hope it all works out.

With it being almost autumn, I've reassessed my life, going forward my previous jobs were not satisfying me at all, I'm going back to school to get a degree in something I actually want to do and I'm interested in this year, if it means I get to have a laugh in some bullshit job at the same time, so be it. Happy days ahead.

I am at a crossroads in my career. My standard of life is deteriorating at some speed now due to pain. I have 2 choices well 3. The first 2 will involve selling up and investing into new ventures, or carry on as normal.
The 2 new career paths are totally different in every sense.

Yeah. I feel like I got stuck in a bit of a slump at my current place. And I needed to get out of it.
But it's weird how much you get into a comfort zone and just sort of settle for it.

Yeah. I feel like I got stuck in a bit of a slump at my current place. And I needed to get out of it.
But it's weird how much you get into a comfort zone and just sort of settle for it.

That's true, but the grass isn't always greener. Sometimes it is though.

I embarked upon what, by any measure, could properly be described as a fundamental career change seven years ago. Although it was forced upon me by circumstances, namely the loss of my business and financial ruination, it remains the best decision I ever made, possibly apart from choosing to support City when I was seven!

The landscape of the job market has changed hugely in the last 30 years. Previously, middle aged men who were made redundant faced an early retirement. It is now the younger members of the workforce who struggle to find work, relative to their older counterparts.

Experience of life, dealing with human beings and being a little cynical makes shifting careers a decision that can be replete with opportunities for both prospective employee and employers alike.

Life's too short to not take a chance on yourself when the time is right.

I left a 25 year career to try some thing new opening my own business at 50 .It's been a steep learning curve and at times very stressful. I have never worked as hard and for as long in my life but.. I love it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.