Staying close to your kids as they become adults.

My girls are 31 and 35. One lives about 4 miles away from me with my 15 week old grand-daughter, and the other just outside Middlewich. We speak to each other every day and always end up the conversation saying "love you" to each other. When my wife died 7 years ago on holiday in France, my youngest was heartbroken that her and her mum had had a row on the phone the day before she died. I said that the last words you said to her, despite the row, were "love you".

It's a tradition we carry on to this day. I see the youngest several times a week and my eldest less often, due to her work commitments (she works for Bentley Motorsport and is away in the racing season all over Europe, but we meet up at my wife's grave and all go for lunch afterwards. At Christmas, we all spend the day together, including the dinner.

My children are all grown up now and I have grandchildren too, they speak to me every day mostly I'm not a wealthy man financially but I couldn't feel more rich than I do right now. Children are like a bank in many ways, you only get out what you put in relationship wise. But I have been lucky it's nowhere as easy for some people with grown up children life gets in the way.

I have 3 daughters 28 31 34, who have all been to Wembley with me to watch city, I am as close to them today as the day they were born we are the best of friends still argue about nothing on the odd time but we are all very close, don't ever see it changing, 3 grandsons and a granddaughter and I am very close to them now which I know is for ever also.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.