Steam Account

bluesking

Hi fellas.
Is there any easy way of contacting Steam as I have forgotten my account details and have emailed their support forum (over two f**king weeks ago!!) to rectify the situation with nil response.
I can't play any of my Steam games until they provide me with my account details. Any suggestions/ideas would be most welcome.

bluesking said:
Hi fellas.
Is there any easy way of contacting Steam as I have forgotten my account details and have emailed their support forum (over two f**king weeks ago!!) to rectify the situation with nil response.
I can't play any of my Steam games until they provide me with my account details. Any suggestions/ideas would be most welcome.

Do you have any information at all? do you know what your account name was? the email you used to create it? the answer to your security question?

You should be able to get back on using their automated services. However if you have none of the above information then you will struggle.

When was the last game you bought? can you check your email account(s) to see where the receipt has been sent as this should at least give you your username and email address.

mindmyp's_n_q's said:
bluesking said:
Hi fellas.

Do you have any information at all? do you know what your account name was? the email you used to create it? the answer to your security question?

You should be able to get back on using their automated services. However if you have none of the above information then you will struggle.

When was the last game you bought? can you check your email account(s) to see where the receipt has been sent as this should at least give you your username and email address.

I think the email is one that i don't use anymore (no details of that either!!) and I have explained this. I have provided them with both the inquiry ticket number (written in ink) under the game's CD key as per their instructions and still no response.

Not knowing the e-mail address used is a serious bummer, it's not much use now but when I've had more than 1 active e-mail address I've always made sure that they're all either in the address books or just send myself an e-mail and store it in a folder.

You really need to concentrate on finding the e-mail address, would any of your present contacts still have it in their address book?

TCIB said:
Try some of the irc channels i would mate.

Please explain a bit more mate as I have had to resort to using a pirate copy of the game so I can play it without logging into Steam.

ColinLee said:
Not knowing the e-mail address used is a serious bummer, it's not much use now but when I've had more than 1 active e-mail address I've always made sure that they're all either in the address books or just send myself an e-mail and store it in a folder.

You really need to concentrate on finding the e-mail address, would any of your present contacts still have it in their address book?

You're not wrong there mate. The weird thing is that I was pretty sure what the username and password were. The username is obviously ok as it keeps telling me that it is sending a reset email to it. I just don't understand how it can take so long to answer what should be a relatively easy question after I have provided proof of ownership.

bluesking said:
ColinLee said:

You're not wrong there mate. The weird thing is that I was pretty sure what the username and password were. The username is obviously ok as it keeps telling me that it is sending a reset email to it. I just don't understand how it can take so long to answer what should be a relatively easy question after I have provided proof of ownership.
That's not necessarily true, the ITV Player for instance will "send" you an e-mail for a forgotten password even if you're not registered. It doesn't actualy check whether you're registered or not, this may not be true for Steam of course.

If you use Chrome, go to 'Settings' and click on 'Advanced Settings' down at the bottom. Find the 'Passwords and Forms' section and click on 'Manage Passwords'. You may find your username and password or perhaps your previous e-mail address somewhere in there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.