Steam Account

ColinLee said:
bluesking said:
ColinLee said:
Not knowing the e-mail address used is a serious bummer, it's not much use now but when I've had more than 1 active e-mail address I've always made sure that they're all either in the address books or just send myself an e-mail and store it in a folder.

You really need to concentrate on finding the e-mail address, would any of your present contacts still have it in their address book?

You're not wrong there mate. The weird thing is that I was pretty sure what the username and password were. The username is obviously ok as it keeps telling me that it is sending a reset email to it. I just don't understand how it can take so long to answer what should be a relatively easy question after I have provided proof of ownership.
That's not necessarily true, the ITV Player for instance will "send" you an e-mail for a forgotten password even if you're not registered. It doesn't actualy check whether you're registered or not, this may not be true for Steam of course.

If you use Chrome, go to 'Settings' and click on 'Advanced Settings' down at the bottom. Find the 'Passwords and Forms' section and click on 'Manage Passwords'. You may find your username and password or perhaps your previous e-mail address somewhere in there.

Just done that mate and everything there apart from the one thing I need!! Thanks very much for your kind help though - I have messaged Steam again with yet more proof of purchase and I hope this resolves the matter. I won't hold my breath though!!

Just an update on my problem; Steam finally got back to me today and reset my password.

Thanks for all the help and advice given.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.