Stephen Hawking RIP

So far we have concluded that he was a genius who liked to roll over nurses toes for shits and giggles.

RIP clever bloke who I didn’t know.

No way. Really isn't a fair world when one of the most intelligent men this generation will ever see.

I always believe in the possibility of tine travel, but only because Hawking thought it was viable.

Such a huge loss to the world.

RIP

Stephen Hawking

Yes, my mistake with that last part, but he was reported to have been less than an ideal husband to either of his wives, ergo, he was divorced, twice. Take nothing away from what he contributed to science, but he did seem to find (according to several very close friends and relatives ), certain social norms very difficult.

Your mistake? You just accused a man considered one of the greatest minds in human history (who’s just died) of being “not averse to treating the opposite sex with disdain, sometimes in a physical form” without anything to really back it up, specifically the last bit. Instead you got it completely the wrong way round by your 2nd post and it turns out he was abused.

Heaven forbid you ever split up with a partner, what a stain on your personality that may be for fuck sake.

Also the “flawed personality” comment... Jesus wept, the man was a prisoner in his own body and through sheer determination and will continued, not only that but in doing so contributed more to humanity than you could even imagine doing, whilst displaying a huge sense of humour.

Fair fucks even IF he did occasionally lose it with frustration. Its completely normal to do so regularly in conditions he found himself in or similar ones.

But nevertheless, well done in making a complete tit of yourself in 3 short posts.

RIP Stephen, thank you for everything

Your mistake? You just accused a man considered one of the greatest minds in human history (who’s just died) of being “not averse to treating the opposite sex with disdain, sometimes in a physical form” without anything to really back it up, specifically the last bit. Instead you got it completely the wrong way round by your 2nd post and it turns out he was abused.

Heaven forbid you ever split up with a partner, what a stain on your personality that may be for fuck sake.

Also the “flawed personality” comment... Jesus wept, the man was a prisoner in his own body and through sheer determination and will continued, not only that but in doing so contributed more to humanity than you could even imagine doing, whilst displaying a huge sense of humour.

Fair fucks even IF he did occasionally lose it with frustration. Its completely normal to do so regularly in conditions he found himself in or similar ones.

But nevertheless, well done in making a complete tit of yourself in 3 short posts.

Or he just might have been a very bright, brave, tenacious, funny, arsehole.

Including getting divorced. Twice. Now get down off your fucking moral high horse and recognise that Hawking had a problem with the opposite sex. As for making a tit of oneself, "physician, heal thyself."

Including getting divorced. Twice. Now get down off your fucking moral high horse and recognise that Hawking had a problem with the opposite sex. As for making a tit of oneself, "physician, heal thyself."

I’m not sure how getting divorced signifies having a problem with the opposite sex? Surely it means a problem with a particular individual, or two in the instance?

Laughable you telling me to get off my high horse for not agreeing he had a problem with the opposite sex, when your only evidence is him getting divorced and a few Chinese whispers.

The man went through a lifetime of struggle that you and I will never understand and contributed a huge amount to humanity, I suggest you get off your high horse, prat.

I’m not sure how getting divorced signifies having a problem with the opposite sex? Surely it means a problem with a particular individual, or two in the instance?

Laughable you telling me to get off my high horse for not agreeing he had a problem with the opposite sex, when your only evidence is him getting divorced and a few Chinese whispers.

The man went through a lifetime of struggle that you and I will never understand and contributed a huge amount to humanity, I suggest you get off your high horse, prat.
You have your opinion of him, I have mine. This is a forum, where opinions can differ. His first wife described their relationship as "master" and "slave", she being the "slave". Not my words, the words of his 1st wife. Not conjecture, not whispers, not hearsay. His wife. I think the obit in the Guardian was about the fairest I read. On that note, I'll leave you to your opinion of him and me to mine:
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/mar/14/stephen-hawking-obituary

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.