Sterling Penalty - Wenger will face no charge for his comments.

PannickAtTheDisco

I think this needs a separate thread, because it's time as City fans that we stand up and back our own up in the media and get Wenger the punishment he deserves for his disgraceful and frankly libellous comments about Raheem Sterling post-match.

Wenger's comments:

"I believe it was no penalty. It was a provoked penalty by Sterling, we know that he dives well, he does that very well".

This is clearly unacceptable. It brings the game into disrepute and makes an accusation that Sterling is a diver and a cheat. This is an outrageous accusation with no basis in evidence.

So Wenger should be forced to retract his comments, have to state that Sterling does not dive and was wrongly denied a penalty first half as well. He should also be punished under FA rules for improper conduct and bringing the game into disrepute. By accusing Sterling of diving, he is also accusing Oliver of making the wrong decision when he clearly didn't and that is questioning the integrity of the referee, so he should be done for that too.

I think with another manager making such a public accusation against our own, which is completely unmerited, we need to fight back and protect him. The club should issue formal and public complaints, and anyone who calls up phone-ins tonight should make a huge deal out of it.

MOTD tonight should be making it the main issue, clearly pointing out Sterling only got 1 of the 2 penalties he should have had, point back to last season to all the stonewall penalties he was wrongly denied and make it clear that Wenger was wrong, that he should be punished and apologise for it.

It's gone too far and to accuse one of ours completely wrongly is unacceptable, and we need to stand up and fight back now. He can't be allowed to make that comment and let it stick, unchallenged.

It's just Arsene being Arsene. Leave him to stew in his own embittered bile.

Fucking bitter bastard but he should be punished for those kind of accusations, I bet he never saw the shove in the back in the first half either, the utter ****.

Probably bitter Sterling snubbed Arsenal when he asked for him for Sanchez.

Sort of surprising he's still that sore of a loser, you'd think he'd be used to it by now.

Its desperate stuff from a drowning man but its not on and the club should highlight it and the PL should charge him imo.

He calls Sterling a cheat but tries to buy him in the summer.
The truth is Sterling doesn' appeal enough when he gets fouled in the box.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.