Sterling Penalty - Wenger will face no charge for his comments.

I do find it remarkable that he's allowed not once but TWICE to question the integrity of Sterling without any rebuke. Not only that but the penalty was stonewall!

I genuinely hope Pep brings it up in the presser and puts him in his place. Not that it should be Pep whop is forced to defend him. The club should issue a formal statement IMO and the PFA should be speaking out. Wenger is a disgrace.

Pep will not have to bring it up in the presser, it's going to be the first question asked by the hacks. It has a lot more mileage to run.

I would be very surprised if the club have not raised this with the FA on the quiet, I would like to think that it will be addressed by Pep in his next press conference.

It is one thing to raise this a a one off comment after the match but at this point now he has had chance to review the video of the incident, he will have also heard the support of Sterling by many pundits and must know that he got this comment wrong. To then go on and fan the flames further is totally unacceptable and unprofessional.

The guy is a knob.

Amazing he was not this upset with our incorrectly disallowed goal in the FA Cup semi final or some of the recent penalty shouts for handball we have been denied against them and the 2 fouls unpunished leading to their 2 goals in a draw at theirs the other season. Wish just 1 reporter would ask him for his comments on these incidents
He didn't see them.

I believe you have too much faith in the man on the Clapham omnibus, or can't see things through their perspective.
You know that wenger is lying and that was reported my some and the penalty shown as genuine at the time and shortly after the game.
However the narrative since then has wenger airing his views, unfettered and without journalistic comment on an number of platforms including our national broadcaster.
To the average man in the street it has been a steady remainder of sterling being a diver and hence a cheat, something he is profotgood at. No comment about wenger being a dick. We know he is, others know he is, but there the ones with a vested interest in the incident.
Other more mortal beings have just been fed the drip drip of soma to soothe their nerves that sterling is a adiver and City cheat their way to home victories cf Sean Dyche.

I am a glass half full sort of guy and although I take your point about the guy in Clapham any football fan worth his salt will know about the Sterling incident, seen the footage and the comments of ex-pros and will then view the continued ramblings for what they are....bitterness and a desperate attempt to change the narrative.

There will always be some who will use it to have a dig but that can only be said either in ignorance or with no conviction. Either way they're not worth bothering about as they clearly have little knowledge of the game or would try and prove a point regardless of the facts.

Also as a side note the easiest way to change the narrative is for Pep to comment on the subject and get City's riposte on the back pages.

I see that according to various sorts news sources that Arsenal are still trying to bag Sterling as part of any Sanchez transfer in January.
My, how I laughed.

I see that according to various sorts news sources that Arsenal are still trying to bag Sterling as part of any Sanchez transfer in January.
My, how I laughed.

Yes i saw that reported apparently from a source in the Daily Mail. Not much chance of that happening lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.