Sterling, Sane and Jesus. Exciting times ahead

Is he an exciting player too then? I'm out of the loop, I don't know who or what Jorge is haha!

It's mad though - during the Gabriel Jesus documentary, someone was reeling off the options that were on the table for him in the summer. Genuine offers. Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter Milan. I think Juventus too, but I might be mistaken. Yet he's playing for City! Stuff of dreams.

He has been over the last year the best left back in the Brazilian league and he's only 19. Moved to Monaco last week, but believable reports in Brazil said that City held an interest in him and that Pep was a big fan of his but Monaco moved quickly and decisively to get the deal done.

Agree about Gabi, but we could see that in the summer. Literally everyone wanted him, and we got him. Not bad considering we've got such a shit and useless DoF. ;)

Best front three in my City supporting lifetime. Last night was a scary glimpse into what the future holds in store.

Since we often give Begiristain pellets for the transfers that don't work out - watching his attacking three last night - the man deserves credit. Especially for landing Sane and Jesus amongst stiff competition.
Even more credit for seriously pissing off the dipperland mafioso's in the media with Sterling.

Nice to see the first two players in the title getting recognition. They had both been pretty much written off in some quarters when I last posted in October. Bit of patience and support eh - who'd of thought it.

Not getting to excited about this too soon because we all know how this turned out for the rags with Rashford and Martial (now look at them). But Sterling has now proved himself and is looking more the complete player. Sane excites me the most with his pace he's frighten and Jesus well I can't say no more without creaming my pants again.

Is he an exciting player too then? I'm out of the loop, I don't know who or what Jorge is haha!

It's mad though - during the Gabriel Jesus documentary, someone was reeling off the options that were on the table for him in the summer. Genuine offers. Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter Milan. I think Juventus too, but I might be mistaken. Yet he's playing for City! Stuff of dreams.

A big thank you to Pep for bringing GJ here....Jesus has made it clear that Guardiola was the reason he came to City.

Last edited:
When do we find out what we actually paid for him then? Because I don't believe he was only £27m. Some nobhead will show up in three years time claiming that they actually owned half of his left leg and wasn't paid.

I can see last nights lads being our front line over the next 5+ years, obviously Aguero too. Even KDB is only 25 and he looked the leader of the pack! Sane looks an absolute steal on current form, Jesus we can't judge yet but we can't not like what we have seen so far. Sterling looked shackled under Pellegrini last year but he has been given more free reign to run at people and it is paying off.

We are still a couple of full backs away from a seriously quality team though I think. How we replace Silva, Yaya and Fern too over the coming years will probably be most important. There is work to be done but it is only going to get better.

It's exactly what we have been crying out for and what I have said all season (and got pelters for it)
Our attacks before we slow, with no real idea and we allowed the opposition time and time again to get every man behind the ball. These 3 are quick, exciting, instinctive and we can rip teams apart and take advantage the odd time they attack us. Joy to watch.

Talksport (Jim White, Ray Parlour and Tony Cascarino) have just been waxing lyrical about these 3.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.