Sterling, Sane and Jesus. Exciting times ahead

Last night our attacking play was brilliant. However, we still only had 4 shots on target all game and all came from positions where the striker was under no pressure. I'm just not sure we can expect the same space when playing against sides who keep the defence and midfield tighter, especially when we're at home.

Last night our attacking play was brilliant. However, we still only had 4 shots on target all game and all came from positions where the striker was under no pressure. I'm just not sure we can expect the same space when playing against sides who keep the defence and midfield tighter, especially when we're at home.

The thing is we scored from the first 2 chances so we didn't need to push it or take pot-shots etc... The 2nd half was pretty much a passing session.

Whilst I agree with the point about about space, last night a lot of space was created by the runners taking defenders with them. It was earned, and not suimply gifted as one scouse pundit would have us believe last night.

The thing is we scored from the first 2 chances so we didn't need to push it or take pot-shots etc... The 2nd half was pretty much a passing session.

Fair point, but it's also not very common for us to score with our first two chances. I think last night was an instance of our plan A working, whereas it's our plans B and C and so on that have come unstuck in recent weeks.

Whilst I agree with the point about about space, last night a lot of space was created by the runners taking defenders with them. It was earned, and not suimply gifted as one scouse pundit would have us believe last night.

I absolutely agree, but I think some opponents will be more resilient about allowing us that space than West Ham were.

We do have exciting times ahead with the players we saw last night plus the wonderful talent coming through the youth ranks. The out and out attacking threat is there for all to see and we have Kelechi, Brahim and Sancho to add to that. behind them we have Silva,KDB, Yaya and Dinho and 3 of them are getting on a bit. OK for a while but who are their replacements?

Foden I feel for sure is the man to replace Silva. Not to sure about who the quality intelligent players are for Yaya's role or for Dinho

We do have exciting times ahead with the players we saw last night plus the wonderful talent coming through the youth ranks. The out and out attacking threat is there for all to see and we have Kelechi, Brahim and Sancho to add to that. behind them we have Silva,KDB, Yaya and Dinho and 3 of them are getting on a bit. OK for a while but who are their replacements?

Foden I feel for sure is the man to replace Silva. Not to sure about who the quality intelligent players are for Yaya's role or for Dinho
Probably too big a gap age and experience wise but A. Garcia (the most likely in the short term) and looking forward Jacob Davenport, Dele-Bashiru or Diallo from the youth ranks.

I can't remember which pundit said it but last night I heard that during one of Peps Bayern seasons they could've played without a keeper and allowed every shot on target in the whole season and they still won the title, that's the total football I'm looking forward to, all of these defense and goalkeeper issues will go away and I can see glimpses of that with our front six (just need new fullbacks)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.