Steve Coogan

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Blumers Bloomers, 16 Feb 2014.

1. Mustard Dave

Mustard Dave

Soapy Water Cannon Operative
    Paul (To Fat Bob): It's like the Moonies, but wi' shaggin'!

And later...

Pauline (after knocking out one of the Parry brothers with a shovel): Hasta la vista, you twat!

I've got the 'Paul and Pauline Calf's Cheese and Ham Sandwich' DVD, and there are a couple of digs at City. Pauline is talking about her husband, Fat Bob, being crushed to death when a car jack collapsed:

" I keep getting reminded of him when I find his stuff in the house. I found his mug the other day; he used to love that mug. It was covered in chips, but he said he'd never find another like it - it said 'Man City - League Champions'!"

As Paul Calf, he is singing. On stage is a MEN headline board (the wording escapes me). He tears off the existing headline, to reveal words like 'Official - City Still Shit'.

When I watched it a few months ago, I couldn't help wonder if he's watched it himself recently!

2. CTID1988

CTID1988

The Trip is back for a 3rd series this year

3. PinkFinal

PinkFinal

Alan Partridge: Why, When, Where, How and Whom? will air on Wednesday 27th December at 9pm on BBC2

4. Lancet Fluke

Lancet Fluke

Excellent, cheers for the heads up.

5. PinkFinal

PinkFinal

6. Manc in London

Manc in London

I don't know whether that is a good thing or not. Knowing Me, Know You and I'm Alan Partridge were genius. Those series were the peak of comedy, IMO. However, it cannot be improved. It can only be worse.

7. DiscoSteve

DiscoSteve

TWAT . . . . . . . . . Posts:
  8. PinkFinal

PinkFinal

The Mid Morning Matters were patchy, Alpha Papa was not that great, the 'autobiography' [especially audio version] was brilliant, didn't think much of the last book. This sounds like it could be a bit shit.

9. urban genie

urban genie

Coogan is deffinately a rag, but Calf was a parody/homage of a certain type of mancunian and so naturally had to be a city fan.
    I known a few real life Paul Calf types in my time.

10. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

All student haters ?