Steve Coogan

malg said:
Has done some classic stuff, but he seems a bit of a boring fucker when not acting.
I've known him since we were kids at school. He's good company in real life. First and foremost, he's a mimic. You could ask him to do an impression and they were always perfect.

tiptopcheshireblue said:
malg said:
Off topic/Cellar?

Wasn't his character Paul Calf a City fan?

Coogan, a staunch scum fan, was taking the piss with Paul Calf.

I used to loathe him but since his restaurant tour with Brydon I think he's a genius. That was acting of the highest quality.

I can't think of anything he's done that I didn't really enjoy.

Partridge is one of the all time great TV characters.

That series he did where he played a different character each episode. Coogans Run or Coogans Bluff or something. Was quality.

Paul Calf was brilliant.

I was at The Southern in Chorlton one night years ago when he came on to do an unannounced set as a warm up for an upcoming tour. Although I don't think stand up is his strongest thing.

I have just thought of one thing he did that I thought was a bit shit. That Tony whatsit character. I'll let him off that one though.

He was always going to be a star. Just listen to On The Hour. Mid Morning Matters is the funniest thing I've seen in years.

chaddblue said:
Remember his brother, who definitely is a rag, being interviewed a while back and he said Steve Coogan wasn't really interested in football

I saw an interview once that said that.In it he also said that when he was a student he worked in a factory where a mad City fan called Mick drove a fork lift truck and he based Paul Calf on this bloke.

Worked with a fellow blue years ago in Trafford park who went to school with him and defo a rag you may remember a gag coogan did about the back of his coat being covered in gob, apparently this was a real event based on himself a regular occurrence at school (not nice really) he said he was a right fookin weirdo but this was just him saying it besides from being bullied to doing well for himself fair play I say, but still a dirty rag ;)

supergrover said:
Worked with a fellow blue years ago in Trafford park who went to school with him and defo a rag you may remember a gag coogan did about the back of his coat being covered in gob, apparently this was a real event based on himself a regular occurrence at school (not nice really) he said he was a right fookin weirdo but this was just him saying it besides from being bullied to doing well for himself fair play I say, but still a dirty rag ;)

He went to Cardinal Langley in Midd. One of my old(haven't seen him in 20 years) mates was in his class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.