Steve MacKenzie

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Dodge, 8 Feb 2017.

1. jimharri

jimharri

Occasional idiot
    It was actually "ending" in a 1. 1961, 81 (twats) and 91.

2. Mid Wales blue

Mid Wales blue

That's a great story, can't imagine any footballers of today doing anything like this.

3. Mid Wales blue

Mid Wales blue

You are quite right, but just thought I'd put a media spin on it, loose truth and all that. :)

4. BigJoe#1

BigJoe#1

I knew there was a reason why I loved the '70's.

Great goal BTW, I've always thought it was better than Villa's, though in fairness his was not a bad goal to win a cup final with.

5. jimharri

jimharri

Occasional idiot
    A career in sports journalism (possibly at the Beeb, or maybe MUTV Sky Sports) is yours for the taking!

6. bluefitz17

bluefitz17

Wishing him a speedy recovery. I was at the final. I used to go to Placemats in Manchester and he was always in on a Thursday night, often with a couple of others. He loved Jazz funk and always danced- good dancer.

7. Mid Wales blue

Mid Wales blue

Hahaha me thinks not (a City supporter at the Beeb or Sky?).

8. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

I can only think of Trevor Sinclair thats a Blue in any way,shape or form at the Beeb.Fuck knows how he managed that.

9. eversince 76

eversince 76

Let's hope it's not that bad as it sounds for the man. First and only time I met Stevie MacK at Maine Rd social club he was pretty wasted. Proof is on an old picture with us both posing. I think he had no idea where the camera was.

As for the Wembley goal it was and still should be at least in the top 3. And don't underestimate the way Hutchinson presented the ball to Stevie ... on a plate!!

10. Andy Morrisons jock strap

Andy Morrisons jock strap

Stevie Mac king of all cockneys..... remember the Derby winner at Main Road in 81 first time we had won in a good few years.
    Even though everyone said Ricky Villa scored the greatest cup final goal ill always think Stevie Macs was better...get well soon buddy