Stewards today in 314

In Italy except f***ing juventus one, stadiums are old and unconfortable but in the ends and away sectors you don't have to respect assigned places, you can stand, smoke (even joints are tolerated), drink and shout whatever even if very offensive. In a word you can do quite whatever you want except fighting, if you fight you will be banned for a couple of years or more. An end ticket costs 20 euros, an end season ticket 200 euros.
When they talk about building modern stadiums with all the facilities I fell a fight inside. After 30 years in the ends I'm afraid I would feel unconfortable and prizes could be higher.
PL looks like a great show but I'd like to know from the older of you how you feel and if you like those new stadiums or if you would prefere to have the old dirty stadiums back.

In Italy except f***ing juventus one, stadiums are old and unconfortable but in the ends and away sectors you don't have to respect assigned places, you can stand, smoke (even joints are tolerated), drink and shout whatever even if very offensive. In a word you can do quite whatever you want except fighting, if you fight you will be banned for a couple of years or more. An end ticket costs 20 euros, an end season ticket 200 euros.
When they talk about building modern stadiums with all the facilities I fell a fight inside. After 30 years in the ends I'm afraid I would feel unconfortable and prizes could be higher.
PL looks like a great show but I'd like to know from the older of you how you feel and if you like those new stadiums or if you would prefere to have the old dirty stadiums back.
A mixture. I would like the atmosphere of Maine Road mixed in with the cleanliness of today's stadiums. Plus standing sections.

Today's football is far to sanitised, aimed at people with enough cash in their pockets to buy a half and half scarf, a programme, coffee and a home shirt per game. These people also pay to watch Sky plus BT and sit on sofas in shirts and ties with their mates with perfect teeth.

It's not aimed at dinosaurs who have supported for years and remember the feeling of warm piss.

They didn't, they spent 20 minutes noting down row and seat numbers, there'll be plenty getting letters in the next couple of weeks.

Utterly ridiculous as nobody was complaining that I could see, and the same people have been standing for 15 months, so why today ?

I didn't see that part! I can't see what the massive issue is. Has there been any issues up there since the stand opened? I've not seen the police have to really step in at any point to separate anything except for the odd occasion to tell people to calm down a little bit but that will happen everywhere on the segregation lines.

I know quite a few who stand about 3 quarters up did sit down but I doubt they will do when the away fans are there again, they are the some of the main people who start the songs up here.

Has there been any issues up there since the stand opened?
Not that I've seen, even against the rags there were no issues. It was purely the showsec idiots making themselves known, they brought the police in case it kicked off, which it didn't so the police left, then showsec came back and started taking down row and seat numbers, whilst stood up, blocking peoples view.

People have stood there since we moved in, this is the first time I've seen any fuss made, I'm guessing someone complained yesterday.

They didn't, they spent 20 minutes noting down row and seat numbers, there'll be plenty getting letters in the next couple of weeks.

Utterly ridiculous as nobody was complaining that I could see, and the same people have been standing for 15 months, so why today ?
They take row and seat numbers in 109 regular only ever had one letter just before start of season about 5 years ago I think the club have to play lip service to it especially if someone complains.

Feeling the same way myself. Absolute chore going to the match for me at the minute
Same here
Queue too long to get a drink at the stadium so normally meet friends and family in town for a drink.
But now the suits at City want us in for 2:15 to watch the grass grow.
Surrounded by over officious security in a block full of fans who have done no wrong.

First home game ive missed since I moved up to 314 on Sunday, ive stood up every game no problem at all and heard no complaints whatsoever around me.

I can only presume they wont bother when we play Boro as they'll have 1000 fans standing less than 6 feet away from us. As far as I can see another stupid act from showsec wankers trying to assert their 'authority'

Im really starting to not enjoy going to the football anymore, feels too much like a sanitised concert experience at the MEN or something

Same here
Queue too long to get a drink at the stadium so normally meet friends and family in town for a drink.
But now the suits at City want us in for 2:15 to watch the grass grow.
Surrounded by over officious security in a block full of fans who have done no wrong.

This 45 min things make me pisss myself laughing.
Who the f'..k do they think they are.
Sure we will all come in and drink and eat the overpriced shit they sell and freeze our bollocks off in winter
instead of staying in a nice warm Pub.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.