sticker madness

Well done to the City fan who reported it ......... that is well done for getting some Police attention on it.

Now try ringing them again and report your home has been burgled or some yobs are throwing bricks at your house. Think you may get told "sorry all our officers are busy investigating offensive car stickers, we'll try and send someone in a few days"

Think he must be very silly to put a sticker like that in his car... a brick or key line..the list just goes on & on..

a united fan from stockport? surely not i keep being told all city fans are from stockport?

robsta said:
Well done to the City fan who reported it ......... that is well done for getting some Police attention on it.

Now try ringing them again and report your home has been burgled or some yobs are throwing bricks at your house. Think you may get told "sorry all our officers are busy investigating offensive car stickers, we'll try and send someone in a few days"

Agreed.

If this rag had had cause to call the police because someone had smashed the car window that had displayed the offending sticker the police would not have been arsed to do anything about it.

Does anyone know this woman's husband? As a so called City fan he needs to have a serious word with himself.

Are they so mentally injured by the eff word? Or are they snooping along the shelves at Waterstones and Smiths to see if they can find any rude words on sale as I type.

Once they have knocked back on the allowances and overtime for the police, they won't have the time for this sort of nonsense.

What a bloody country some people are turning GB into!

Weirdest thing about this story is the number of posts suggesting a local news article about a car sticker is evidence of decaying culture/standards/policing/country.

Car Sticker Lady becomes stuck

She could have a least had a funny sticker.

Don't think the problem is with the 'City dis', more with the swearing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/09/manchester-united-fan-car-sticker

A Manchester United fan was told by police she faced legal action unless she removed part of a car sticker which teased Manchester City.

Sarah Webb-Lee, 39, sported a sticker on the rear window of her Vauxhall Corsa which read: "On the first day God created United then completely fucked up and created City."

A local councillor passed on to police a complaint they had received from a resident about the wording of the joke and a neighbourhood team officer was sent to the motorist's home in Stockport.

Mrs Webb-Lee and her City-supporting husband Graham were informed that the sticker was offensive under the terms of Section 5 of the Public Order Act. They were asked to either remove it or some of the letters within the swear word, and they did the latter.

Mrs Webb-Lee told the Manchester Evening News: "I couldn't believe it when the police turned up. It was just a bit of a laugh. We don't have many rights left but freedom of speech is worth hanging on to. I won't take it down.

"It's just a bit of banter and you hear worse on the terraces. I see lots of things about United and take it on the chin."

Inspector Stephen Gilbertson said: "We received a complaint about the language contained in a car sticker that, by law, is offensive.

"All we did is make the relevant people aware and asked them to either remove the sticker or some letters within the swear word, which they willingly did.

"It is important to stress this had nothing whatsoever to do with any football team and was solely in relation to an offensive word."

She says 'you hear worse on the terraces', but the fact is, she isn't on the terraces.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.