Stoke (A) Post Match thread

Fantastic support there last night guys and gals, well done!! You sounded amazing on the box.
Even a collegue in work has just said how good you were, and hes a scouser.

So surreal though hearing city fans signing "we're gonna win the league", still takes a bit of getting used to this, city not being shit anymore! :-)

Watched on Bein last night & our fans sounded great.

How was the crowd noise on sky? I know they all share pictures but just wondering if individual stations piss about with the sound feed if it comes from the same source.

How was the crowd noise on sky? I know they all share pictures but just wondering if individual stations piss about with the sound feed if it comes from the same source.

sounded superb on my box mate! the Mourinho are you watching song was loud and very proud :-)

Fantastic support there last night guys and gals, well done!! You sounded amazing on the box.
Even a collegue in work has just said how good you were, and hes a scouser.

So surreal though hearing city fans signing "we're gonna win the league", still takes a bit of getting used to this, city not being shit anymore! :-)
I was just about to post “how did we sound on the tele last night?”

Because for once we were pretty good last night. I’ve been so disappointed with our away support in the last few years, it’s like we’ve fallen off a cliff with regards to atmosphere. But last night was pretty good. Glad it came across on tele.

Still should be better in my view though.

I couldn’t believe we sang that near the end. I couldn’t join in with that one haha! Not until it’s won with this club, still for me

Last edited by a moderator:

On Sky the fans were very very loud, probably the loudest I've ever heard for an away game. Maybe the mics were turned up at the City end to drown out the peculiar animal like noises of the Stoke fans?

Very solid performance vs a Stoke side that was really up for it but simply couldn’t cope in every aspect of the game. We controlled it and could probably should have won by a bigger margin. Job done on a Mondaynight at Stoke. With fantastic support from us.

Kompany and Otamendi looked very solid together and by no means do the give way territory. Silva bossed it all around where Fernandinho enables him to do so. Sterling looked physically stronger and Jesus showed what a team player he is.
Zinchenko probably had the hardest job, was targeted frequently but stood his ground admirably. He is not our best left back but you simply can’t be worried with him in the team. And will he learn from experiences like this as well.

Two more wins will seal it. Can’t wait for the Everton game already as this squad are such a joy to watch.

Not sure about all this second gear stuff. I heard it after Chelsea, Arse (twice) and again tonight and after loads of games earlier in the season.
Pep must be a bloody awful manager if we play so many games in "second gear". I think it's more a case of us having a style of play that looks fairly relaxed but is still extremely effective. We don't run around aimlessly like blue-arsed flies just for the fun of it, rather we have players making intelligent runs which are only appreciated if the pass is made.
As for tonight; the fans were brilliant, it was bloody cold, and it took half an hour to get out of the car park.
Burger was above average for an away game.
Stoke fans boo all visiting teams as their own team give them nothing to cheer about.
On the pitch David was excellent, Butland made a few good saves and we were never in any real danger.
First time this season I've heard City fans singing "We're gonna win the league", but as a mate of mine said; fans of every other club have been saying it for months.
I think we have a fair few more gears to go through. United away, Arsenal away, Chelsea at home and a fair few games against teams lower down; we’ve conserved a bit of energy after taking leads.

If we really go for it we’d score 6 regularly. But would we burn ourselves out?

I think if we really go for it in a big game we’re going to hammer one of these top 6 sides soon. I’m talking 6 or 7 goals!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.