Stoke City (h) pre-match thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Ric, 4 Oct 2017.

?

City v Stoke prediction

Poll closed Friday at 5:33 AM.
  1. Win

403 vote(s)
    94.6%
  2. Draw

17 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. Lose

6 vote(s)
    1.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BacktoBlue

BacktoBlue

Back in Mary Ds after 6 years

2. alibenarbia83

alibenarbia83

Ederson

Walker Stones Otamendi Delph

Gundogan

Sterling De Bruyne Silva Sane

Jesus

3. Bewar3them00n

Bewar3them00n

Working for the Man
    I see Sergio is back in "full training" looked like he was wearing some King of rib protector the other day, let's hope if he does get some game time, he isn't targeted, it'd be an almost certainty if it was Pulis's Stoke.
    Hopefully he's not needed, and can get 5-10 mins at the end.

4. birchwoodgingerste

birchwoodgingerste

surveyor
    Ederson
    Stones ottamendi
    Fernandiniho^
    Walker Gundogan delph
    De bruyne silva

Sterling sane
    Bench ..bravo .aguero mangala jesus danilo

5. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey

Because we only have 5 fit actual defenders and don't have the preferred players to play with a back 5 without Kompany and most importantly Mendy. Additionally, we don't have 2 fit strikers either with Aguero out.That and we're playing Stoke at home. I don't think we'll be seeing a back 5 all that often now, at least until January when we have the opportunity to bring in a natural left back to provide the width we'll need.

I originally put Gundogan in but starting him on Saturday probably limits his involvement on Tuesday. You're probably right about the other two, particularly Otamendi, it was just my personal choice. We need to start using our squad fully at some point, we're currently working with around 15 players, it will takes its toll at some point if we persist.

6. SergioSilva

SergioSilva

Fair point on Mangala, if we're going to use fringe players it might as well be in games in which we're likely to have 70% possession and therefore be less tested at the back as opposed to Napoli where it could be more 50/50 and they could potentially have a handful of chances. Can't see Sterling up front though, I think we can get away with playing Jesus bearing in mind it's looking like Sergio could well be fit to start on Tuesday.

7. Dax777

Dax777

I genuinely have tot City was going to lose a game only 2ice in the last 4 to 5 years. I've had games where i thought the opposition might bus it and sneak a point. Never against the big teams though. It was the likes of Stoke, West Ham and West I always feared that possibility with.

But I've never outright thought of City losing a Prem game in a while. Liverpool once and Tottenham in another were the only 2 occasions I genuinely remember fearing we were up against superior opposition.

The last 4 years in the Prem, I've thought us the better team in almost every game pre kick off. Except those 2 matches.

8. Dax777

Dax777

Lol

9. Dax777

Dax777

Lol

10. mancity1

mancity1

MAN CITY SUPPORTER
    Not sure if fearing is the right word Dax , at our best I think we have an expectation all things being equal we will win the vast majority of our games which is the case.

In any game of football anything can happen and events conspire to not produce the outcome that you expect which is what sport is all about when sides who are laden with more talent , quality , speed and desire take on the underdog.

Stoke have to do everything in their power to prevent us from creating chances and no doubt they will having had success if you could call it that in the past parking the bus , snapping at the heels of our ball players etc etc.

We don't have to and I am sure the players don't fear anyone even the better performed European clubs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.