Stone Roses or The Smiths?

The Oracle

Its only a coincidence they're a Manchester band, but the fact is that 'The Stone Roses' just happens to be one of my Desert Island Discs and one of those albums I just play all the way through without programming

Morrissey wrote great lyrics, Marr wrote great melodies, The Smiths made some of the best singles this 50-something ever heard, but 'The Stone Roses' was made in Heaven.

The Smiths though I do love the Roses too but when you get right down to the nitty gritty and look at it man for man then it's 3-1 Smiths (Reni scoring for the Roses) plus the roses had one decent album, half decent album and a few good singles. The Smiths had 4 top albums, singles and b sides that to this day havent been matched and the lyrics of little Moz.

TheMightyQuinn said:
The Smiths though I do love the Roses too but when you get right down to the nitty gritty and look at it man for man then it's 3-1 Smiths (Reni scoring for the Roses) plus the roses had one decent album, half decent album and a few good singles. The Smiths had 4 top albums, singles and b sides that to this day havent been matched and the lyrics of little Moz.
yeah, but I'm talking about which one album is the best.
The Smiths were more consistent but no album they made could top 'The Stone Roses'

The Oracle said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
yeah, but I'm talking about which one album is the best.
The Smiths were more consistent but no album they made could top 'The Stone Roses'

Ah I see where you're coming from here and it's an interesting point.

Meat Is Murder Vs The Stone Roses?

I'd probably give you an honest but different answer every day!

Didn't live when both were at their peaks so my opinion is pretty worthless. I must say The Smiths make me need anti-depressants.

n_mcfc said:
Didn't live when both were at their peaks so my opinion is pretty worthless. I must say The Smiths make me need anti-depressants.

Your opinion isnt worthless at all mate. You heard the albums, you have a valid opinion.

How many people who wank over Elvis or The Beatles were around when they were at their peak? Doesnt matter, good music lives on baby!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.