Stories and songs from 08/09 season

lozzers8

Hi all, would love some help remembering songs and funny incidents from 08/09 season. Anything that you can remember personally from that year would be of a great help. I'm writing a script set around that time and it would be great to hear funny stories or songs that people remember from that season. Mark Hughes had just become manager, we signed Jo, lost to Villa first game of the season and then famously were taken over at the eleventh hour by Sheikh Mansour. Thanks in advance.

He's Elaaano,
He's better than that ****** Ronaldo
Can't remember all the lyrics to to the tune of 'She's Electric'

Oh you can freeze 500 million and you can freeze 500 more,
Cos Thaksin's got another billion underneath his bedroom floor,
Shinawatra, Shinawatra (500 miles tune)

Bianchi,
He came from Italy to play for Man City (that was the first airing of that song before the lyrics were changed to Mancini iirc or maybe that was 07/08 actually)

Was Glauber Berti that season?

And that might have been the same season that the fox was on the roof?

And Paul Mcshane's kung fu dive could have been that year too

That was the season we played Hamburg in the UEFA Cup quarter final, possibly still the best atmosphere there's been at the Etihad (I was watching it on the telly tbf and it sounded amazing). Elano hit the post about 3 times and Richards had a chance to win it at the death, the lot of them played like men possessed though cracking night even if it wasn't quite enough to go through

Oh there was also the 3-0 loss to Forest in the FA Cup, I was "lucky" enough to be there for that one and was demanding Hughes head at full time haha

Last edited:
That was the season we played Hamburg in the UEFA Cup quarter final, possibly still the best atmosphere there's been at the Etihad (I was watching it on the telly tbf and it sounded amazing). Elano hit the post about 3 times and Richards had a chance to win it at the death, the lot of them played like men possessed though cracking night even if it wasn't quite enough to go through

Oh there was also the 3-0 loss to Forest in the FA Cup, I was lucky enough to be there for that one and was demanding Hughes head at full time haha
Was at both, Hamburg was electric. Forest game was the first time I can recall City fans actually fighting each other in 119 arguing over getting rid of Hughes with some loons talking up Mourinho as replacement “shudders”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.