Stories and songs from 08/09 season

It was an odd season. The takeover and feel good factor coupled with clueless having us in the bottom 3 by Christmas.

Jo was fecking useless, Ireland played like he was on steroids for 5 months, Robinho destroyed Stoke and starred in a demolition of Arsenal as we failed to beat shite like West Brom. There was a game where a Pigeon was the most exciting thing to sing about on the pitch, I think a fox on the roof also. It's about the last time I remember seeing the "B of the bang" sculpture outside the stadium.

Most of that October to February seemed to be fucking freezing and dark, the season felt the same especially around December and January. Hamburg was electric, I was in CB L3 and every fucker around me was passing tins around and fucked off their faces jumping about near the top, a real end to end match.

For some reason though, looking back, I fondly remember most of that shite. I fucking hated Hughes. The best song for me was the invisible man for Glauber Berti. He was a pantomime sideshow at times hhaha

This is the sort of magic I want to hear about haha

Robinho’s chip against arsenal was about the best thing that happened that season.

My 1st euro trips were that season too. Santander and Copenhagen. Didn’t do Schalke or Hamburg away which were supposed to be quality trips.

As far as songs go I remember “Ireland is superman” and “she said no but she meant yes” which was in reference to Robinho being questioned by police about an incident in a Leeds nightclub.

Not particularly classy but I remember hearing it nevertheless.

Last edited:
I swallowed a lump of hash at halftime of the Aston Villa game and was disappointed that i'd seemingly wasted a good resource. Needless to say, second half was hilarious and I believe we won too. Most of my anecdotes about that season are hardly to do with football, but it was a memorable year for me, aged 17/18.

I swallowed a lump of hash at halftime of the Aston Villa game and was disappointed that i'd seemingly wasted a good resource. Needless to say, second half was hilarious and I believe we won too. Most of my anecdotes about that season are hardly to do with football, but it was a memorable year for me, aged 17/18.
any particular reason you decided to do that haha?

What was everyones reaction to Mark Hughes becoming manager. Can't remember too many people being excited about that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.