Strachan stands down as Scotland manager

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Ric, 12 Oct 2017.

1. Ric

Ric

Not really a huge surprise after their failure to qualify for the play-offs. Not sure anyone else could do much more with that squad of players though.

2. discopop

discopop

Wee Davy Moyes it is then

3. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

Even when Scotland had some really great players, they were still pretty shit.

4. I didn’t think it was a given he’d be a goner but don’t think his genetics excuse did him any favours.

5. Henkeman

Henkeman

He was clearly joking. That the media pretended (or really are) to be thick says more about them than him.

Still, around it goes again - England and Scotland united by a belief that their ineptitude is down to the manager. And if not this manager, then the last one. Or the one before that. Or the one who won everything but clearly is incompetent anyway, because that's the only possible reason, right?

6. Joking or not, like Andy Murray and his anti-England quote, it’s not worth joking.

7. GAZZA

GAZZA

Big fat Sam has been courting another chance at an international appointment recently - it could be Scotland or even Eire when O'Neill leaves after they lose the play-off.

8. TFC

TFC

There should be no expectation for whoever is Scotland manager as the players are just not that good. England manager either for that matter.

9. peace frog

peace frog

doorman of perception
    im a bit worried about this,as you know pep said he would be interested in being an international manager if time was right,also his great grandfather Josep mcGuardiola is Scottish, sleepless nights ahead.

10. GAZZA

GAZZA

OMG you're right, wasn't his uncle Hamish McSporran Scottish too?