Strangeways Prison

Sorry for dragging this topic up from 2 years ago but just wanted to ask a question about it.

I am due in court in Manchester next week for sentencing (don't live there but it happened up there) and have been told I would probably go to Strangeways at first if I get sentenced.

Anybody know what it's like in there? Is it better or worse than other nicks? Not been in prison before but have heard stories about what its like. Would be good to hear from anybody who knows

Mate you won't get any honest info on here, just the odd shit joke and twoddle from the resident walter mitty types.

You've more chance of getting info on mumsnet.

Mate you won't get any honest info on here, just the odd shit joke and twoddle from the resident walter mitty types.

Maybe he should ask the fucking question on excons.net instead of a football forum if its real world advice he is after and not the odd joke or piss take?

Sorry for dragging this topic up from 2 years ago but just wanted to ask a question about it.

I am due in court in Manchester next week for sentencing (don't live there but it happened up there) and have been told I would probably go to Strangeways at first if I get sentenced.

Anybody know what it's like in there? Is it better or worse than other nicks? Not been in prison before but have heard stories about what its like. Would be good to hear from anybody who knows
Tell us what you have been up to and we will tell you what it is like

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=strangeways+reviews&*&lrd=0x487bb1c931520b91:0x3327ca05eb73a93e,1,
Here's a recent review that will probably be helpful
A bit too cosy in the rooms. Frustratingly there was no kettle, hot water or those little brown biscuits either. The room service in isolation is somewhat abrupt with little in the way of variety. However, the rooftop views more than made up for these disappointments. Just a stone throw away from helpful staff at all times.The nightlife is riotous and gay but the beverage variety, again, is sadly lacking. Look elsewhere if planning a long stay but fine for a short breakaway.

Just thought I'd try here with it being a Manchester forum just in case somebody worked there or knew someone who had been in there. Just hearing all the stuff about prisons being so bad at the moment.

Tell us what you have been up to and we will tell you what it is like

ABH, Assault and Criminal Damage

I know a few lads who've done time. Most cite boredom when you're banged up. Keep your head down, stand up for yourself and make a friend.

I assume you're pleading guilty?

First things first, on your first day you need to find out who the hardest bloke on the wing is and stab him.

I know a few lads who've done time. Most cite boredom when you're banged up. Keep your head down, stand up for yourself and make a friend.

I assume you're pleading guilty?

As Peoffrey says, the main thing is boredom. Just become a number who nobody cares about. If you find anyone starting bother do stand up for yourself and chances are it wont happen again. Erm also...depending who the victim was (in that if it was female) id keep that info quiet obviously and hope it doesn't get out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.