Student AccommodationManchester

Google Owens Park, mate. That's where i would feel ok if my daughter was going to uni in Mcr.
You have the main Rd (Wilmslow Rd) with a bus literally every minute into the centre of Manchester passing the Uni. A Bus in the other direction will take her right to wythenshawe hospital. A busy night life around Fallowfield if that's her thing and a huge park (Platt Fields) although i don't think any park is a safe place for a lone woman these days unfortunately . Your daughter may be better joining the Aquatics centre near the uni initially until she meets some jogging partners. Fallowfield, Ladybarn, Withington and Didsbury (depends on budget) are the best and busiest student areas, best wishes.
Cheers , She's looking for flats though to share with other girls rather than Halls of Residence (has other flat mates sorted with whom she is going down to look)

I asked because my daughter was thinking about Nottingham uni and her lectures and practical were at the hospital with transport too and from laid on by the Uni

If it's her first year she will be encouraged to live in halls, so what areas has the Uni suggested?
It's her first year at Manchester but not her first year at Uni, she is doing half her studies at St Andrews and half at Manchester.

fallowfield 2/3/4am blokes pissing out of third floor windows, rape alarms going off like flares in a Turkish derby.

perfect if you want her to come back a wreck.

Don't let her go into any parks in Didsbury.
There's a serial rapist at large.

Yeah isn't it Cringle Park in Levenshulme where it seems there's a rape every other week and where someone was attacked with a hammer?

If based in Wythenshaw, I'd suggest Altrincham for safe parks? May not be student accommodation there though, otherwise WIthington is alright... Cheadle or Chorlton too though may be pricey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.