stupid commentator sayings

Surprised nobody is pissed off with the constant references to the size of our squad considering the amount of money we've spent....

In case you hadn't noticed you ragarse licking wankers, our squad size is limited by the Premier League and EUFA to the same number as anyone else's, fuckwits the lot of them.

(And no, they're not referring to the number of 6ft players we have)

rassclot said:
simonk said:
Ron Atkinson (pre his racist crap) used to make up his own phrases - one that comes to mind is a "lollipop" ??

some of them have caught on though. he was widely ridiculed for the perceived nonsensical 'early doors' but now everybody's saying it in various contexts. i think 'the far stick' is another of his.

To be fair "early doors" is quite an old saying, summat to do with getting an early pint, I think?

gaudinho's stolen car said:
rassclot said:
some of them have caught on though. he was widely ridiculed for the perceived nonsensical 'early doors' but now everybody's saying it in various contexts. i think 'the far stick' is another of his.

To be fair "early doors" is quite an old saying, summat to do with getting an early pint, I think?

interesting point. i looked it up & it seems many people associate it with either atkinson (although cloughie apparently said it before he did) or pubs opening but it seems it originally referred to an early arrival scheme at the theatre.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-ear1.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-ear1.htm</a>

Is Pleat the commentator who says 'Pascal Chimbomba'

Little mistake, but when he's playing and he says it 20 odd times, it does my nut in!

A few years ago, during an Arsenal game one said "Adams is stretching, waiting for Seaman to come out!"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.